The Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone is a high-performance boundary layer microphone designed for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern.Thanks to low self-noise and very high sensitivity, the PCC-130 Microphone picks up even distant voices clearly and naturally.
The Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone is a surface-mounted small cardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and teleconferencing. With its small size, the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone is less conspicuous on a conference table than comparable mics.
Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the Crown PCC-130 Miniature Boundary Microphone minimizes background noise and feedback. It uses the principle of phase coherency achieved by mounting a small-diameter mic capsule very near a boundry. Direct and reflected sound waves arrive at the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone in-phase, and add coherently. This enhances sensitivity, clarity and reach.
Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line power module. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone has a low-impedance balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Included with the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone is a 15-foot (4.6-m), two-conductor shielded microphone cable with a TA3F connector (mic end) and 3-pin male XLR-type connector (output). Although the standard connector on the microphone is a Switchcraft TB3M, the microphone can be special-ordered with a ¼-inch stereo phone plug on the bottom of the base plate as the PCC-130SPP.
Capable of withstanding up to 120 dB SPL without distortion, the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone will never overload in practical use. Its electret-condenser capsule provides a wide, smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 20 kHz. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
Permanent mounting is enabled by screw holes in the base. Engineering attention-to-detail has assured years of reliable use from this trouble-free microphone. The bottom of the Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone features a three-position Bass-Tilt Switch: FLAT, CUT and BOOST. Low frequency response is adjustable.
Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone Features
- Cardioid pollar pattern reduces background noise and provides an impressive gain before feedback
- PCC® technologie (phase coherent cardioid®) prevents phase interference due to table sound reflections
- Wide and smooth frequency response
- Exceptional performance and small size
- Three-position bass-tilt switch
- Ideal for teleconferencing, boardrooms, courtrooms and churches and lecterns
- Small and inconspicuous
Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Manufacturer: Crown
- Product: PCC-130 Miniature Boundary Microphone
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response(Typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in the hemisphere above the mounting surface)
- Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater)
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity(Typical): 22 mV/Pa (""33dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: ""30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA rating ""125 dBm
- Equivalent Noise Level(Self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB=0.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12-48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1
- Current Drain: 4 mA nominal
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M
- Cable: 15-foot, black, 2-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors
- Switch: Slide switch for bass cut, bass boost, or flat
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh mic grille
- Finish: Satin black
- Net Weight: 3.5 ounces (99 grams), Mic and cable; 9.5 ounces (269 grams)
Crown PCC-130 Boundary Microphone Includes
- PCC-130 Boundary Microphone
- Mini XLR to XLR Cable
- 3 Years Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review