Chandler Limited TG Channel MKII Preamp & EQ
The Chandler Limited TG Channel MKII Preamp & EQ is recreated from original drawings from Abbey Road and combines a TG preamp with a passive Pultec-like EQ section!
The Chandler Limited Channel is a re-creation of several classic circuits - combining the TG2 pre amp section with an equalizer that was redesigned from a circuit used in the TG12410 Transfer Console, the mastering counterpart to the original "Beatles desks." Chandler Limited's version has been remade using original design information and circuit board drawings as provided by Abbey Road to ensure extreme authenticity!
The active portions of the unit use the same discrete amplifiers and transformers as in the TG1 Limiter and TG2 Preamp. The TG Channel's passive equalizer EQ is an all inductor design offering sweet high frequencies, large inductor based lows, and a very high "Q" mid cut section. Its sound is very comparable to Pultec and Lang program EQs. A simple description would be a TG Pultec with a TG pre amp thrown in.
This Chandler Limited unit requires a PSU-1 Power Supply. The PSU-1 can power two Chandler units.
Chandler Limited TG Channel MKII Preamp & EQ Features
- Direct In: The DI bypasses the mic input transformer and plugs directly into the high impedance microphone circuitry.
- Input Control: Combines a 600 ohm mic input and 10k line input which is selectable with the line switch. A 15-position switch attenuates both the mic and line and gives a large range of control for both normal and not so normal uses. Mic Gain ranges from -5dB to 65dB Line Gain ranges from -15dB to 55dB
- Phase, mic/line, 48v, and EQ switching.
- Output Control: Functioning as a console fader, this control is placed between the input and output stages. Allowing for trimming the input signal, as well as allowing the user to run the input very hot for extra color without distorting the recorder.
- High Boost Control: A capacitor based high boost with 18dB of gain and a shelving characteristic. EQ points are 16k, 12k, 8.1k, and 6.8k.
- Mid Boost Control: An inductor based mid frequency peak with 18dB of boost and a high Q switch to sharpen the curve. The Q also sharpens the more you boost. EQ points are 5.8k, 3.9k, 2.2k, 1.8k, and 1.2k.
- Mid Cut Control: A mid frequency EQ with 20dB of cut and 6 positions set with a very sharp Q. All inductor based and specifically designed to fix problem areas. EQ points are 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 850hz.
- Low Boost Control: The inductor based low boost has 20dB of gain, as well as both peaking and shelving characters. Like the mid boost, the Q of the peak sharpens the more you boost. EQ points are 50, 70, 100, and 200hz for the peak; 100 and 200hz on the shelf.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
While tracking vocals I’m smiling because of the up front, in you face sound of this preamp. It’s colored and further enhanced by the pultec like eq. Think big colored sound .