CAD e70 Microphone
The CAD e70 Microphone is a modular dual-capsule condenser microphone designed to offer an exceptional level of value. It features an Omnidirectional capsule for flat near field and ambience, and a Cardioid capsule for proximity boost and off-axis rejection.
The CAD e70 Microphone is designed to provide a transparent, accurate acoustic capture. Packaged in a small, rugged metal housing, the CAD Equitek e70 Condenser Microphone features a low mass 1/2" gold sputtered diaphragm that makes it the preferred choice for high frequency sources rich in transients such as cymbal, hi-hat, strings, acoustic guitar, woodwinds and piano. The transformerless design reduces low frequency distortion at high sound pressure levels. The 3 position hi-pass filter and 3 position pad provide the versatility required in demanding live sound and studio applications. The interchangeable capsules provide both cardioid and omnidirectional pickup patterns for greater flexibility. The CAD e70 Microphone's accuracy, high SPL capability and size make it a valuable tool in the professional audio environment.
CAD e70 Microphone Features
- Modular dual-capsule condenser with 3 position high pass filter and 3 position pad
- Offers an exceptional level of value
- Omnidirectional capsule for flat near field and ambience
- Cardioid capsule for proximity boost and off-axis rejection
- Low mass 1/2" gold sputtered diaphragm for high frequency sources rich in transients
- Transformerless design reduces low frequency distortion at high sound pressure levels
CAD e70 Microphone Specifications
- Type: End Address Condenser with Interchangeable Capsules
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Impedance: 85 Ohms
- Using Cardioid Capsule:
- Sensitivity: -40dBV (10mV) @ 1 Pa
- Self Noise: 23dB, A-weighted
- Maximum SPL: 155dB, 20dB Pad Engaged
- Using Omnidirectional Capsule:
- Sensitivity: -36dBV (16mV) @1 Pa
- Self Noise: 19dB, A-weighted
- Maximum SPL: 154dB, 20dB Pad Engaged
- Power Requirements: Phantom P48, 2mA
- Connector: Three Pin XLR Type
- Polarity: Inward pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2
- Dimensions: 7/8" (22 mm) x 6 1/8" (156 mm)
- Net Weight: 7.6 oz. (216 grams)
CAD e70 Microphone Includes
- CAD e70 Microphone
- Shock Mount
- Microphone Clip
- 2 Years Warranty
CAD e70 Microphone Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
...for me this is my 2nd e70. They are rugged little pencils that at this price should not work as well as they do. I use the omni capsule as a room mic and at 3ft out and 9ft above the acoustic guitar/vocals it's thick and accurate...up close to a guitar between soundhole and top bout the cardiod capsule shows great response and transparency...buy this mic and adjust away, it won't disappoint...
The microphone would be a steal at 10 times the price but, no matter what it cost, the sound is pristine, with either capsule. I use it on acoustic guitars, percussion/drums and sometimes even vocals/live concert recording - it out performed mics from "famous" makers I paid more than 20 times more!
Bought this to use as a mid on a m/s setup with an M179. Great overall sound with the omni cap. Have used it on strings, piano, and even vocals with surprisingly good results for such an inexpensive mic.