CAD e60 Microphone
The CAD e60 Microphone is an externally biased cardioid condenser microphone designed to capture the sound with unprecedented detail. Sophisticated electronics and a precise gold sputtered capsule provide clarity and incredible versatility.
The CAD e60 Microphone is equipped with a standard 5/8x27 threaded swivel adaptor which fits most microphone stands. Adaptors are widely available in order to make the CAD e60 Microphone fit smaller thread mic stands.
The CAD e60 Microphone is designed specifically for use as an instrument microphone for overheads, hi-hats and pianos. The CAD e60 Microphone is great for virtually all acoustic, wind, and amplified instruments. One of the most popular uses for the CAD e60 Microphone is in miking drum sets, ideally in an overhead type configuration. The CAD e60 Microphone also excels at miking stringed instruments such as acoustic guitars.
The CAD e60 Microphone has a four position roll-off which allows for extended tuning of the frequency response at the microphone for your particular application. The CAD e60 Microphone is also equipped with a -10dB pad switch to reduce the output level of the microphone by 10dB accordingly. If your board is clipping or distorting when using the CAD e60 Microphone, try switching the pad switch to the -10dB position. Alternatively, if your are not getting enough signal from the microphone, switch the pad switch to the 0dB position.
The CAD e60 Microphone uses a true condenser microphone element. As with any studio condenser microphone, special care should be taken to keep the microphone clean and dry. It is highly recommended the CAD e60 Microphone be stored in its included vinyl pouch in a cool, dry environment to ensure long life of the capsule when not in use.
If the CAD e60 Microphone is used in a vocal application, it is very important to use a fabric pop filter such as a CAD EPF-15A positioned between the user and the microphone. Pop filters do not adversely effect the performance of the microphone in any way.
CAD e60 Microphone Features
- 16mm, 24k Gold sputtered externally biased condenser capsule.
- 10dB Non-capacitive pad
- 4 Position hi-pass filter - flat, 40Hz, 80Hz, and 120Hz
- CAD's proprietary discrete linear power supply for efficient low noise and linear power regulation
- The linear power supply allows greater dynamic range and lower equivalent self-noise
CAD e60 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Front Address, Externally Biased Condenser
- Frequency Response: 30-20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -41 dBV (8.9mV) @ 1Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 22 dB Equivalent SPL, A weighted
- Maximum SPL: 140 dB SPL (with pad on), 1% THD, 1KHz
- Powering: P24, P48, 6mA
- Connector: Three pin male XLR type
- Finish: Durable black leather feel urethane
- Net Weight: 11.5oz. (326 grams)
CAD e60 Microphone Includes
- CAD e60 Microphone
- Vinyl Pouch
- 2 Years Warranty
CAD e60 Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
very versatile mic, and a great deal. Am going to use it alot .