Buzz Audio TONIC Equalizer
The Buzz Audio TONIC Equalizer is a simple but incredibly useful Class A equalizer for 500 Series racks featuring real chokes and the C.A.P.S. sweep midrange control by Mr Steve Dove.
The Buzz Audio TONIC Equalizer utilizes real inductors (chokes) in the high and low bands whilst the sweepable mid band features an active filter based on the Constant Amplitude Phase Shift circuit proposed my Mr Steve Dove in 1981. The combination of the old passive circuits with a modern active design gives you the best of both worlds. The chokes in the bass and treble provide the smooth sound of real resonance in addition to the versatility of the sweep mid band.
If you wish to add some tone to your recordings, the Tonic is the perfect choice - it is excellent for applying broad eq strokes right across the audio spectrum. The versatile mid band can tame lower mid resonances or bring forward more presence in vocal recordings and the passive 18dB/oct high pass filter will effectively remove unwanted low frequency content. The Tonic is an excellent partner to our Elixir mic pre - add an Essence compressor and you have a complete Buzz Audio channel strip in your 500 series rack!
Buzz Audio TONIC Equalizer Specifications
- Maximum Input Level; +23dBu
- Maximum Output Level; +26dBu into 3k ohm load
- Frequency Response EQ set flat; 17Hz to 175kHz (+1dB, -3dB)
- Harmonic Distortion measured +10dBu output level; 0.08% @ 100Hz, 0.02% @ 1kHz, 0.005% @ 10kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio; -88dB A wtg, input shorted
- Input Impedance; 20k ohms approx balanced
- Indicators; Single LED overload indicator
- Size; (37Wx132H). Fits 1 space in API* 500 series rack format
- Power requirements; 120mA +/- 15-18 volts DC, as supplied by frame power supply.
Buzz Audio TONIC Equalizer Includes
- TONIC Equalizer
- 1 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review