BetterMaker Mastering Limiter
The BetterMaker Mastering Limiter brings the sonic superiority of mastering grade analog circuitry, and combines it with the precision of digital control. Allowing for fast and full recallability, the saving of presets, automation control, and digital precision, the BetterMaker Mastering Limiter is a flexible powerhouse.
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter was designed to have the greatest flexibility of any analog Limiter while still allowing absolute recall and repeatability. BetterMaker often found the strengths of software plug-ins wasnt their sound, but the ability to quickly audition different settings. This allowed us to make faster, better informed musical choices. The ability to jump back and forth between (sometimes vastly different) settings allowed us to keep a clear vision of the sonic goal in mind, while quickly making decisions on the best setting to use. However, BetterMaker recognized the sonic superiority of our analog gear compared to their digital counterparts. In countless shoot-outs, the analog versions always won. Since BetterMaker is a company that cares about better sound over processing speed, BetterMaker's engineers would take the extra time to use a full analog chain, because it simply sounds better.
In the traditional analog world the time spent in the act of having to set and reset knobs and buttons to audition between settings often skewed our choices. More time was spent tweaking knobs trying to recover an earlier setting than was spent listening. The limited resolution of the mechanical parts often meant only very coarse adjustments were possible (previously only solvable by very expensive mechanical switches). A difficult situation, to say the least, but the greater fidelity, openness, and depth of the analog gear was always worth.
Even after years of advancement in digital algorithms, the older analog versions always sounded better. With these goals in mind, we strove to create a hybrid Mastering Limiter that was the best of both worlds: A true analog limiting based on classic designs, but with the repeatability, fine resolution, and consistency of digital plug-ins. Choosing modern components and design practices over older traditional methods helped maintain the transient response and low noise-floor necessary for todays recording practices. Wherever possible we choose over-speced components to ensure trouble free operation and a long product life. Most importantly we listened first, tested, and then listened again.
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter is designed according to international standards, and is fully functional in any location with proper mains power available. This includes, but is not limited, to studio, stage, video post, on-location, festival, corporate, and both installed and temporary audio solutions. This limiter is excellent in festival situations as its instant recall makes it perfect for fast resetting between multiple stages. Once you grow accustomed to the amazingly quick recall and flexibility of this unit, we believe you will find new uses and applications for it in your professional workflow.
BetterMaker Mastering Limiter Features
- The Limiter has 3 functionalities that are essential to make a perfect master. All of them are recallable by the internal memory and a plugin that also handles automation.
- Analog Mastering Limiter:
- 100% analog signal path
- intelligent and manual release
- variable mix between limiting and clipping
- possibility to turn off the clipping section, so you can clip with you favorite AD or other.
- Color, for giving that special flavor to your mix:
- Two color modules introducing different saturation that can be used simultaneously
- Color 1 with Majority of odd harmonics
- Color 2 with Majority of even harmonics
- Both color sections can be internally EQed so for example you can present more odd harmonics in the low end to give the mix more bite and sweeten the highs with the even harmonics at the top end.
- Metering, an additional screen in your studio. As its a touchscreen it also utilizes control functions of the Mastering Limiter. You can view your gavotte set of stats.
- Input, output and reduction
- Analog style meters (VU, PPM, RMS, Peak with peak hold functionality)
- LUFS (Short term, Integral, Loudness Range, view in time)
- K metering
- 30 Band FFT analyzer
- Correlation meter
- wo points of measurement, the output of the Limiter or the plugin and more
- DAW integration
- The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter can communicate with your DAW via USB connection. The unit appear as a HID device and can be managed via Bettermaker Mastering Limiter Plugin.
BetterMaker Mastering Limiter Specifications
- Maximum input level: +21,5 dBu (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +23 dBu (THD < 0.1%)
- Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum gain reduction: 20 dB
- Makeup gain: automatic
- Attack time: 0.1 250ms
- Release time: 0.01 1.3s + IREL (intelligent release)
- Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 30kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Dynamic range: 115 dB @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: CMRR: max 80 dB @ 3 kHz, min 55 dB @ 50Hz, 20 kHz BW
- Crosstalk: min -90 dB @ 1KHz, max -55 dB @ 30Hz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- Maximum power consumption: 30W (uses 630mA slow blow fuse)
BetterMaker Mastering Limiter Includes
- BetterMaker Mastering Limiter
- Power Cable
- One Year Warranty
BetterMaker Mastering Limiter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review