Avenson Audio Mid-SideR Stereo Processor
The Avenson Audio Mid-SideR Stereo Processor is a full rack version of the Avenson Mid-Side with some expanded features. Now featuring a variety of Bypass options for monitoring specific processing and channels, together with a new Side channel Shelving EQ, and a premium all-Neutrik XLR I/O section on the rear panel, Avenson Audio has delivered a perfect Mid-Side encoder and decoder for the professional studio which doesn't break the bank!
The Avenson Audio Mid-SideR is Avenson Audio's newest expanded version of their Mid-Side processor, with added bypass modes, Mid-Side Defeat and Insert Bypass, Mute buttons for the Mid and Side, their new High frequency Shelving EQ circuit on the Side for adding presence or air and Widening the stereo mix more, or taming highs on the Side, an all Neutrik XLR equipped rear panel I/O, all high quality rotary switches for easy recall-ability, and our original Width control, High-Pass Filter on the Side and Overall Main bypass, all in a rugged, sleek 1U rack enclosure.
The new Mid-SideR came about as a response to hearing several requests from users of the original Avenson Audio Mid-Side encoder/decoder box, and implementing them into a full rack space. First, Avenson Audio added every bypass option they could think of in this Mid-Side processor. In addition to their overall Main Bypass, the Mid-SideR now offers a Mid-Side Encoder/Decoder Bypass (labeled Mid-Side Defeat) allowing the user to switch between using the available insert loop in Left-Right mode or Mid-Side mode, an Insert Bypass allowing the user to bypass the Mid-Side XLR out-in loop effectively bypassing their processing on the insert loop, to A/B theyre outboard gear processing in the Mid-Side insert loop with the original signal, as well as both a Mid Mute and a Side Mute to listen to exactly what youre doing on only the Mid or Side. All this I/O is now conveniently accessed via an all high quality Neutrik XLR equipped rear panel.
To take it a few steps further, Avenson even added some additional EQ functionality as well as going to all high quality Rotary switches for the front panel controls. In addition to the original High Pass Filter on the Side (now with the easily recall-able rotary switch), theyve added a High frequency Shelving EQ on the Side. Toggle between frequency selections of 5 kHz, 10 kHz, or 20 kHz to add presence or air on the Side information, effectively widening the Stereo Mix even more, or tame a bright mix by slightly lowering any harsh highs on the Side.
Avenson Audio Mid-SideR Stereo Processor Features
- A full array of Bypass options:
- Main Bypass - Bypasses all processing in the unit
- Mid-Side Encoder/Decoder Bypass (labeled Mid-Side Defeat) - Allows switching between using the available insert loop in Left-Right mode or Mid-Side mode
- Insert Bypass - Allows bypassing of the Mid-Side XLR out-in loop effectively bypassing the processing on the insert loop, to A/B the outboard gear processing in the Mid-Side insert loop with the original signal
- Mid Mute and Side Mute - Allow you to listen to exactly what youre doing on only the Mid or Side, independently of one another
- Side Channel High frequency Shelving EQ - 5 kHz, 10 kHz, or 20 kHz / Cut OR Boost!
- All Neutrik XLR equipped rear panel I/O - Premium Quality I/O
Avenson Audio Mid-SideR Stereo Processor Specifications
- Input Overload Level: +22 dbu (0.1% THD) for LR in / +27dbu (0.1% THS) for MS in
- Gain: -0.2 dB
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz (-0.2db) 91 kHz (-2 db)
- Signal to Noise: ≥ 115 dB 100kHz bandwidth
- Power Requirements: 85-260 VAC 50/60 Hz <10W
- Size: 19 x 1.75 x 6.3 inches
- Weight: 4.75 lbs (2.15 kg)
Avenson Audio Mid-SideR Stereo Processor Includes
- Mid-SideR Stereo Processor
- IEC Power Cable
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great piece of gear, it sounds fantastic and it has an outstanding feature set. I'm using it daily in my mastering rack with a Langevin Mini-Massive EQ in the instert loop. Thank you Brad Avenson!