The Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set is a pair of small-diaphragm microphones hand-built in Vienna and and perfect for your stereo recording setup. The CC8 the ideal microphone for the detailed stereo recording of various instruments such as stringed instruments, orchestral percussion, acoustic guitar, piano and entire drum sets.
Designed, engineered and manufactured in Vienna, the CC8 is built around a small-diaphragm handmade true condenser capsule. With a max SPL of 156 dB and an equivalent noise level of 16 dB(A), the C C 8 delivers a best-in-class dynamic range. Its rugged design and pristine results make it perfect for situations involving high sound pressure levels on stage, like cymbals & overheads, but also to pick up strings and other low dynamic acoustic instruments, classical ensembles and choirs in a wide variety of uses, including live performance, broadcasting, and studio recording. Inspired by a legend, and advanced for the modern recordist, the CC8 offers a linear frequency response and a natural and open sound with smooth and silky heights.
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set Features
- Out-of-the box match paired with any other CC8 due to factory calibration (+/-0,5dB @1kHz)
- Best-in-class off-axis response
- True condenser technology
- Transformerless design—classic sound using modern tech
- High precision cardioid pattern
- Metal housing, cap, and grille
- A switchable high-pass filter
- Pads (0, -10 dB, -20 dB) to enable to pick up sound up to 156dB
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set Specifications
- Directional characteristic : Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 15 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB SPL (A)
- Max . SPL: 156 dB SPL
- HP filter: 60 Hz (2nd order), 120 Hz (2nd order)
- Switchable pad: -10 dB, -20 dB
- Impedance: 275 Ω (symmetrical)
- Load impedance: > 1 kΩ
- Supply voltage: 48 V (< 3 mA)
- Main Connector: XLR 3 pin
- Dimensions: 140 x 23 x 23 mm
- Weight: 160 g
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set Includes
- 2x CC8 Microphones
- 2x OCH8 Mic Clip
- 2x CCW8 Windscreen
- Stereo Bar
- Transport Case
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set - Out Of The Box at Front End Audio
Check out the Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set in our "Out Of...
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set - Demo at Front End Audio
Check out the Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set "In Action" he...
Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set - Gear360 at Front End Audio
Check out the Austrian Audio CC8 Microphone Set on Front End A...
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Austrian CC8 great micsJan 7th 2023
As a long time engineer I find that I'm needing to replace some of my favorite vintage mics with new ones that sound just as good. Everyone needs a good pair of small diaphragm condensers for drum overheads, stereo acoustic guitar and similar duties. Once I put this demo pair on drum overheads, I immediately knew that my vintage AKGs were going back in the mic locker indefinitely and I let my peeps at Front End know that I would be needing to purchase a pair! I got similar results on a stereo acoustic application. The client immediately said that it was the best that his acoustic had ever sounded. These mics have the classic sound of a high quality vintage mic without the hassle of the inconsistencies associated with them. I am so far quite impressed and plan to use these as my go to SDCs.