Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone
Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone w/ Extra-Tight Response is a perfect concert level, professional vocal microphone. Clear, accurate sound with slight mid-range boost is the hallmark of the OM5's performance.
The OM5 is made with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern which isolates the vocals from the rest of the instruments on stage or in a studio.
Used on stage, in studios and for broadcast applications, the OM5 has a reputation for clarity, resistance to feedback and ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB without distortion.
The OM5 is naturally attenuated at 120 Hz to reduce boominess and handling noise. The mid-range is tailored to provide extra presence in the vocals allowing the vocalist to be easily heard through the main speakers as well as the monitors.
Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Features
- Concert level, professional vocal mic for live sound, broadcast, and studio
- Very tight pattern control, exceptional clarity for premium PA systems
- Clear, accurate sound with slight mid-range boost
- Allows vocals to cut through the stage mix
- Extreme off-axis rejection provides excellent isolation on stage
- VLM Capsule
- Designed, assembled & tested in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 19 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 2 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type C
- Off-Axis Rejection: >30 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish: Zinc Alloy / Black Finish
- Weight: 330 g / 11.6 oz
- Length: 176 mm / 6.9 in
Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Includes
- 1 x OM5 Vocal Mic
- 1 x MC1 Mic Clip
- 1 x P1 Carrying pouch
- WS357 - External foam windscreen
- CBL-DR25 - 25-foot Right Angle Microphone Cable
- T50K - Low to high impedance matching transformer
Audix OM5 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Downloads
What We Think
The Audix OM5 has been a long standing go-to recommendation for me. It's simply a great sounding vocal microphone which offers great clarity and a tailored low-end frequency response. It's perfect for getting great isolation and off-axis rejection without spending almost twice as much. The main thing about Audix mics are that they exhibit different "approach" characteristics than other mics. So, instead of a gradual increase in gain as you close the distance between mouth and mic, these mics like to be within 2-inches. So, get right up on the mic; don't be shy because you won't be heard. Obviously, this helps to attenuate off-axis sounds / stage bleed. The OM5 is a great first microphone for the serious performer.
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review