Audix OM2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone
The Audix OM-2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone is an all purpose professional vocal mic optimized for small to mid-size PA systems.
The Audix OM2 is a dynamic vocal microphone used for a wide variety of live, home and studio applications. This mic has clear and accurate sound reproduction, resistance to feedback and ability to handle very high SPLs without distortion.
The OM2 utilizes a tight, uniform pattern which helps isolate vocals from the instruments on stage. With a wide frequency range of 50 Hz - 16 kHz, the OM2 employs a VLM diaphragm for a clear, precise sound with exceptional voice response.
Designed with a slight bass proximity and a tailored mid-range, the OM2 has a full-bodied sound on small to mid-sized PA systems while retaining true sound on large or professional PA systems.
The OM2 is also available as the Audix OM2-S with On/Off Switch.
Audix OM2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Features
- All purpose professional vocal mic for live sound, rehearsal rooms, & home studio
- Warm, full sound with slight bass proximity optimized for small to mid-size PA systems
- Provides excellent isolation on stage for outstanding feedback rejection while allowing the vocal to cut through the mix
- Handles high SPLs without distortion
- VLM Capsule
- Designed, assembled & tested in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Audix OM2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 16 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 290 ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.6 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type B
- Off Axis Rejection: > 25 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥140 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: Switchcraft® or Audix male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing / Finish: Zinc Alloy / Black E-coat
- Weight: 307 g / 10.8 ounces
- Length: 176 mm / 6.9 inches
Audix OM2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Includes
- 1 x OM2 Vocal Mic
- 1 x MC1 Mic Clip
- 1 x P1 Carrying pouch
- WS357 - External foam windscreen
- CBL-DR25 - 25-foot Right Angle Microphone Cable
- T50K - Low to high impedance matching transformer
Audix OM2 Dynamic Hypercardiod Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Audix OM2 has become a favorite vocal microphone for me for small venues with smaller budgets, or for musicians who just need to own their own vocal microphone. Here's the deal - Audix mics need a minimal amount of help from an eq. They don't over-hype and they don't undercook; they simply deliver. With the stage standard, it's common practice to have to add more top-end. When I'm using the OM2, I rarely have to do much of anything other than roll off some of the lows. No performer ever asks for any change in the sound from me. So, I'm quite happy with the Audix OM2 when I have the opportunity to use them."
Front End Audio
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Audix OM-2 is hands down the sturdiest Microphone I have ever seen. I bought one used in 2006; at the time I had never heard of Audix so I took a chance with it. Sense Then the mic has never let me down. I am continually astounded by the abuse this mic can take I have seen it dropped face first on solid cement, tile, pavement, and have yet to dent the grill(try that with a 58!) The frequency response is wider, and the pickup pattern is tighter then "the old stranded" so if you are looking for a live mic that can cut through the mix and last through a several tours, then this is your mic. In the studio it also performs well in just about any application you would use a dynamic mic in.
p.s if you are playing very large stages (shows with more then 500 people) Audix offers this mic with even tighter pickup patterns OM-3,7, etc.
p.s.s Feedback! What Feedback?