Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone
Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone - an excellent choice for instruments where punch and warmth are required within the mix, including toms, congas, and kickdrums
Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone Details
The Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone, Designed, machined, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA, is a dynamic instrument microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast applications. The D2 is characterized with a hypercardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control and is equipped with a VLM (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction.
The Audix D2 is lightweight, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 80 Hz - 18 kHz and the ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 144 dB, the D2 is an excellent choice for miking instruments with a percussive nature such as rack toms, congas, saxophone, guitar cabinets and brass.
Roadworthy construction includes a precision machined aluminum body, black anodized finish, laser etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, Switchcraft XLR connector and includes a tension-fit heavy duty nylon mic clip.
Transformerless design, low impedance, and balanced output allow for interference-free performance even with long cable runs.
The Audix D2 is ideal for rack toms, floor tom, congas and horns. Slight mid-bass boost.
Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone Features
- Compact, lightweight
- Machined aluminum body
- VLM (very low mass) diaphragm
- Studio quality sound
- Excellent mid-bass transient response
- Handles extremely high SPL without distortion
- Roadworthy construction
- 5 year warranty
- Rack toms, congas, floor tom
- Guitar and bass cabinets
- Saxophone, brass
Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 250 ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.2 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type B
- Off Axis Rejection: >30 dB
- Maximum SPL: ≥144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: Switchcraft male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing / Finish: Machined Aluminum / Black Hard Coat
- Weight: 128 g / 4.5 ounces
- Length: 100 mm / 3.9 inches
- Tension-fit heavy duty mic clip (DCLIP)
- Carrying pouch (P1)
- TRIPOD - Mic stand
- DFLEX - All purpose percussion clamp
- DVICE - Spring loaded rim mount clamp
- DCLAMP - Tension rod mic clamp
- CBL-DR25 - 25â?? right angle XLR cable
- STAND-KD - Adjustable short boom mic stand
- CAB GRABBER - Tension held mic holder, clamps to guitar cabinets
Audix D2 Dynamic Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone Downloads
What We Think - Audix D2 Review
"Though the Audix D2's small size might give one the impression that it is singularly a microphone for mic-ing toms on a drum kit, it is a fantastic all purpose microphone for situations where the wider pattern of the Audix i5 might not be ideal. So, I've found myself using in on snare drums in situations where the drummer might be a little heavy on the hi-hat. The rejection is good and the sound is there. It's also great on guitar amps in my experience. Also, it's relatively small size makes it great for cramped stages - especially if you combine it with Audix's CBL-DR25 which sports a right angle connector at the microphone end. This combo works really well for tom mic-ing scenarios where you might not have any room to place the mic other than right underneath a cymbal - and that cymbal is low, too! A right angle plug is a saver in situations like that. Anyway, I really like the Audix mics for live sound and in the studio as well. The Audix drum microphone packages, such as the DP-5 and DP-7, have a couple of D2 mics as part of the set. Given the all-in-one solutions that these kits provide, they should be among your first considerations when putting together your microphone locker or your touring kit."
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review