Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone
The Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone is a professional dynamic instrument mic for live sound or studio. With a wide frequency response of 40 Hz - 18 kHz and the ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB, the D4 is an excellent choice for miking instruments requiring precise, low frequency reproduction.
The Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone is designed for large rack toms, floor toms, cajon, djembe, tympani, leslie bottom, bass flute, saxophone and baritone saxophone, trombone, acoustic bass, bass cabinets and small kick drums. The D4 is lightweight, compact and easy to position. Used for stage, studio and broadcast applications, the D4 dynamic instrument microphone is designed with a hypercardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control. The Audix D4 hypercardioid is also equipped with a VLM diaphragm for natural accurate sound reproduction.
Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone Applications
- Floor toms, bass cabinets, Leslie bottom, djembe, cajon, digeridoo
- Piano, sax, trombone, clarinet
- Studio- any instrument requiring precise low frequency reproduction
Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone Features
- Professional dynamic instrument microphone for live sound or studio
- Wide spectrum frequency response with extended bass response
- VLM Capsule
- Designed, assembled, manufactured & tested in the USA
Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 280 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.4 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type D
- Off Axis Rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: =144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: 3-Pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 Relative to Pin 3 of Output XLR Connector
- Materials / Finish: Black Hard Coat
- Weight: 128 g / 4.5 oz
- Length: 100 mm / 3.9 in
Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Audix D4 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- 1 x Audix DCLIP Microphone Clip
- 1 x Audix P1 Carrying Pouch
- 5 Year Warranty
Audix D4 Dynamic Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Audix D4 is a great choice for a middle-focused kick drum and bass guitar cabinet mic - all this on top of the D4's primary duty as a floor-tom microphone. The hypercardioid pattern ensures that the rejection is good and the the sound is there. Where a less hypey sound is needed, then D4 really shines. It can also be great on guitar amps when you really want to dig down into some low end growl. It's small size makes it a no-brainer to match with Audix's CBL-DR25 for it's right angle connector at the microphone end. If you're considering expanding your microphone tool kit, the Audix drum microphone packages, such as the DP-5 and DP-7, all sport a D4 for either floor tom or kick drum duty. Given the all-in-one solutions that these kits provide, they should be among your first considerations when putting together your microphone locker or your touring kit."
Front End Audio
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Order received today, packaging and perfect delivery.
D4, D2 and MicroD come to complete my drum mics kit on stage. Very good mics and great sound.
Thanks to the Front End Audio team
I love this mic on my set... use it for all of my toms... leave for my low tom because it doesn't capture it as well as the upper toms.
I do only small club live sound, outside festivals under 750 crowds.
I like the Audix D6 for kick and floor toms, but I was searching for something that kept the body of upper toms. This is where the D4 shines.
Also try a D4 for close mic'ced timbales or conga. Not as boomy as with the standard choices.
Why rate 4 stars? In 25 years I've not given too many 10s ..in this case a 5 star rating. But I would give the D4 a solid 4 1/2. Besides, it has a red undertone to the grill. They look fabulous under the lights.