Audio Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone is a fantastic sounding Mid-Side Stereo Microphone package, complete with Audio Technica's signature sound and reputation for professional quality.
Audio Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Details
The Audio Technica AT4050ST is a stereo side-address externally polarized (DC bias) condenser microphone with independent cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in a Mid-Side arrangement with switch selectable internal matrixing. The microphone allows sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide 127° or narrow 90°) via the microphoneâ??s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation. It is designed to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
The AT4050ST requires 48V phantom power for operation. The microphone package includes a 5.0 m (16.5') dual output cable terminating in a 5-pin XLRF-type to two standard 3-pin XLRM-type connectors. The output of the microphone is a 5-pin XLRM-type connector.
The microphone is equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad and a switch that permits choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80 Hz high-pass filter). And it's all enclosed in a rugged housing. The included AT8449 shock mount provides superior isolation and permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A dust cover and a protective carrying case are also included.
Audio Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Features
- Innovative side-address Mid-Side stereo microphone engineered for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Independent cardioid and figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switch selection of Mid-Side mode and two internally matrixed stereo mode
- Dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics remain constant over years of use
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Integral 80 Hz high-pass filter switch and 10 dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-Tâ??s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
Audio Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Downloads
What We Think - Audio Technica AT4050ST Review
"Audio Technica hits yet another home-run with the AT4050ST. Long used in pairs for overhead drums both live and in the studio, the AT4050 remains a favorite microphone for it's distinctive character that is also at the same time natural. The AT4050ST makes for a wonderfully compact solution for those seeking to capture truly professional stereo recordings (made with truly professional gear) with a minimum of fuss when tracking... and a maximum of flexibility at mix down. Mid-Side is excellent for allowing you to adjust the narrowness and/or width of your stereo field when mixing. Truly a great choice as a room microphone!"
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review