Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle
The Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle combines two ATM450 microphones, a pair of cable and a stereo bar to ensure durable performance for professional applications. This stereo bundle gives you maximum placement options with minimal obstructions, and provides compromising sound quality for overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, strings and other acoustic instruments.
The Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle is one of the new stars of the Artist Series remake, offering an innovative side-address stick design for endless placement options and minimal obstructions. The Audio Technica ATM450 Microphone is equipped with an integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter that provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The ATM450 also features a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations. The microphone’s extended flat frequency response makes it ideal for high SPLs as well as for live and amplified acoustic instruments. The included professional isolation clamp provides secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle Features
- Unique side-address stick design maximizes placement options with minimal obstructions
- Uncompromising sound quality for overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, strings and other acoustic instruments
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- Durable performance for professional applications
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Isolation clamp ensures shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning
Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle Specifications
- Element: Fixed-Charge Back Plate Permanently Polarized Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/Octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 152 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 127 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.5 mA Typical
- Switches: Flat, Roll-Off; 10 dB Pad
- Weight: 98 g (3.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 126.9 mm (5.00") Long, 21.0 mm (0.83") Diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-Pin XLRM-Type
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S11
Audio Technica ATM450 Stereo Microphone Bundle Includes
- 2 x Audio Technica ATM450 Microphones
- 2 x Microphone Cables
- 1 x Stereo Bar
- 2 Year Warranty
What We Think
"The Audio Technica ATM450 has become a steady choice for drum mic-ing (a pair of the ATM450 are one my regular go-to mics for overheads in the live environment) and anytime I need to mic a stringed instrument on-stage - primarily because of their stellar reproduction and small, durable construction. Recently, I mixed for an all acoustic group who requested a mic for the viola. I pulled out one of my ATM450s for the job. By the end of the show, all three of the performers were asking, 'What mic is THAT? It sounds fantastic!'
"The ATM450 reproduces without the steely-cloudy sound that we've become accustomed to in the most popular of live overhead mics. The fact that they are small and easy to position on a stereo bar makes me love them all the more every time that I put them up - no more cables butting up against each other when spreading out a pair of end-address mics! A pair of ATM450's reproduces the kit in such a way that the drums compliment the way I like to mix. I don't have to use any eq to help them to sound good and they collapse to mono extremely well when placed in stereo. The side-address design gives you such a flexibility to place this mic in a tight spot where other mics just can't go. All in all, it's solid, rugged, and just plain sounds great.This is one of the new-classic workhorse microphones and I cannot recommend it highly enough."
Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review