The Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 16x16 Thunderbolt System features Apogee's premium, flagship-quality converters as well as ultra-flexible modular I/O capability. The system features a modular design so you can easily configure the system to take advantage of a total of 32 inputs and outputs. This is flexibility at its best!
Apogee offers the Symphony I/O MKII line in four basic I/O schemes: 2x6, Connect 8x8, 16x16 and 32x32. Each Symphony I/O system also includes a “Module 2” slot for future expansion using one of Apogee’s 3 available Module Options. Utilizing both module slots could allow up to 32x32 inputs per system. And that’s what you’re getting with this system! Out of the box, the 16x16 Thunderbolt System features in total: 16x16 Analog I/O, 2x2 SPDIF Digital I/O and thunderbolt connectivity. If you need help configuring your Symphony I/O MKII system, contact Front End Audio and we will have one of our Symphony experts help you configure the exact system to meet your needs!
Legendary Sound Quality
Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest in electrical components and designing optimized circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturer's. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O MKII is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee products before it, with even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. In fact, when equipped with either the new Connect 8×8 or 16×16 module, Symphony I/O MKII it one of the top tier interfaces is the audio industry and has been the choice for countless GRAMMY winning artists, producers, songwriters and engineers.
Symphony I/O MKII Thunderbolt is the most powerful multi-channel audio interface for Thunderbolt-based Mac workstations.This configuration is for connecting the system to a Thunderbolt equipped Mac running any Core Audio compatible DAW. Thunderbolt delivers the full potential of Thunderbolt 2 performance with the lowest latency, unmatched CPU efficiency and 2 ports for connecting additional peripherals. Run up to 32 simultaneous inputs and outputs per unit and with the built in dual thunderbolt ports, you can "daisy chain" up to 2 systems for a maximum of 64 channels of I/O, or any combination of I/O expansion modules.
The I/O Modules are the sound and soul of Symphony I/O MKII. These powerful Modules deliver Apogee’s core competency: superior sounding digital audio recording. With multiple I/O and Mic Preamp modules available, you can expand and grow your studio’s capabilities. Expanding you you system is easy simply by adding one of the following modules: Connect 8X8 or 16X16. The modules are "Plug-N-Play" and can be done in the convenience of your home or studio. Please see the video section of this page for a detailed instructional video on the installation process, but if you need help we are a phone call away!
Option Card Slot
The Symphony I/O MKII’s optional card slot gives you and your studio flexibility. Working in Pro Tools HD now? Thinking about going Native with Thunderbolt or setting up an audio over ethernet network, such as Dante or Waves SoundGrid? The Option card slot offers flexibility for the present and the future, as new platforms develop and audio recording workflows evolve. Optional cards need to be factory installed so if you are interested in adding an additional card to your system then contact Front End Audio and we will be happy to assist setting this up for you.
Symphony Control Software & Remote
Symphony Control software for Mac, is designed specifically for Symphony I/O MKII audio interfaces. Symphony Control has been built from the ground up and replaces Apogee’s Maestro software for Symphony I/O MKII users. Symphony Control delivers all the functionality of Maestro in a new, highly customizable user interface along with innovative new features like Talkback functionality, the simplified “Essentials” control window and an FX Send mixer feature, recently introduced as part of the Element Control software. The Apogee Control Remote is available and sold separately. The remote gives you instant access to input and output levels using the large Symphony-inspired Control knob and 3 control knob focus buttons, plus direct access to a wide range of software functions using the 8 user-configurable hardware buttons.
Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 16x16 Thunderbolt System Features
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt (Mac), Pro Tools HD (Mac/PC), Dante+ Pro Tools HD (Mac/PC, or Waves SoundGrid (Mac/PC) connectivity.
- Ultra-low latency performance
- All new, highly customizable Symphony Control software provides easy access to all I/O parameters
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 16x16 Thunderbolt System Specifications
- Analog IN: 16 balanced inputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax IN: S/PDIF on 1 RCA connector
- THD+N of -116dB @23dBu (0.00016%) unweighted
- Dynamic range: 124 dB (A) of dynamic range
- Maximum input levels:
- +4dB setting: +24dBu
- -10dB setting: +6dBV
- Frequency response at 44.1kHz: 1-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Input impedance: 10K
- Analog OUT: 16 balanced outputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax OUT: Supports SPDIF on 1 RCA connector
- THD+N of -118dB @ 22dBu (0.00013%) unweighted
- Dynamic range: 131dB (A) dynamic range
- Max output levels – ∞ to +24dBu
- Frequency response at 44.1 kHz: dc to 20kHz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Connection: Thunderbolt (cable sold separately)
- 44.1kHz – 192kHz
- Latency: 1.35 ms with Logic Pro X (96 kHz / 32 buffer)
- Computer System
- Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac & MacBook Air
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.10 or greater
- Control: Symphony Control software (included in software installer) and front panel touchscreen
- Compatible Software
- Logic Pro X
- Any Core Audio application on Mac
Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 16x16 Thunderbolt System Includes
- Symphony I/O MKII 16x16 Thunderbolt System
- AC Power Cable
- Rack Ears and Bolts
- Symphony Control Software (included in software installer)
- Quick Start Guide
- Manufacturers Warranty & Booklet
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review