AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones
The AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones are the perfect choice for any application where sounds, particularly their transient content, need to be captured with maximum accuracy. This matched pair features hand-crafted fixed capsules and low-noise preamp electronics for a bright and detailed sound.
The AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones are perfect twins of the reference small-diaphragm condenser microphone. With its airy sound, high overload limit and improved engineering details, the AKG C451 B continues the success story of its predecessor, the legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule. The roadworthy design around the handcrafted capsule and the low-noise pre-amp electronics ensure impressive results even under very harsh conditions. Selected from thousands of individual microphones, both microphones of the matched pair show a maximum variance of 1 dB at the frequency response and have identical sensitivity.
AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones Features
- Matched stereo pair of microphones
- Sound of the legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule from 1969 delivers stunning sound quality with maximum accuracy
- Established tour sound standard since the 1980s for excellent sound quality even under harsh on-stage conditions
- Impressive sound pressure level capability of 155dB SPL allows close-miking of high-energy sound sources without distortion
- Highly effective high-pass filter with 12dB/octave prevents low-end distortion caused by rumble or wind noise
- Transformerless preamp and surface mount technology provides extremely low distortion, highest reliability and less weight
AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones Specifications
- General Specs:
- Audio Frequency Bandwidth: 20 - 20000 Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18 dB-A
- Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa
- Signal to Noise: 76 dB-A
- Pre-attenuation Pad: -10; -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 75; 150 Hz
- Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Audio Output:
- Type: Balanced XLR
- Gender: Male
- Contacts: 3-Pin
- Powering Interface:
- Voltage: 9 to 52 V
- Current: 2 mA
AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones Includes
- 2 x AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones
- 2 x SA60 Stand Adapters
- 2 x W90 Windscreens
- 1 x H50 Stereo Bar
- 1 x Aluminum Carrying Case
- 1 x Measurement Documents
- 3 Year Warranty
AKG C451B/ST Condenser Microphones Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I own this stereo pair. I use them as overheads for drums, but mostly find myself using it in the studio for the neck mic on an acoustic guitar or hi-hat. I've used this mostly in applications that don't really require a stereo set, but it's nice to know if I do, L and R with be linear in terms stereo frequency response between themselves.
They have an air about them that works well with the AKG 414 XLS.
They come with a stereo bar inside the case, which is great as that it something you may forget when you really need one.