The AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller is a compact performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the AKAI MPK 249 maximizes workflow and ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity.
The AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more. The AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller features 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders, and switches, 16 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders, and switches (up to 24 each), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 64 total). Plus, the AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
The AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller comes equipped with 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With the AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets the AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro's groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
The AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller is armed with powerful production softwareAbleton Live Lite and MPC Essentialsfor out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to the AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller users. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, these powerful instruments give the AKAI MPK249 Keyboard Controller users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Features
- 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Specifications
- Number of Keys: 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 29" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Requirements
- Processor: Intel® Mac 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster
- Mac OS: OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Windows OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Processor: Multicore processor 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron-compatible CPU or faster
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended)
- Multimedia Framework: QuickTime recommended
- Port: Available USB Port
AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Includes
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Downloads
- AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller User Guide / Owners Manual
- AKAI MPK 249 Keyboard Controller Quickstart Guide
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review