AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller
The AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller is a compact performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. This new AKAI MPK 225 provides the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
You're In Control
The AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller is engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more.
The AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller features 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, 8 assignable knobs, 4 backlit buttons, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs and switches (up to 24 and 12, respectively), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 32 total). Plus, the AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller is USB-powered and optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
The AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller comes equipped with 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Note Repeat and MPC Full Level are onboard for further inspiration. With the AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
The AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller is armed with powerful production softwareAbleton Live Lite and MPC Essentialsfor out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of the AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to the AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller users. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, these powerful instruments give the AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller Features
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller Specifications
- Note Keys: 25 keys; velocity-sensitive; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons or transposition
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 assignable control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"
- Weight: 6.09 lbs
AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller Includes
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller Downloads
- AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller User Guide / Owners Manual
- AKAI MPK 225 Keyboard Controller Quickstart Guide
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review