AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller
The AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that's built to perform. Load samples onto an SD or SDHC card and trigger them on the fly with this self-contained sample player. Perfect for live performers looking to add some pizzazz to their shows.
Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller's eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.
It's that simple.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. The AKAI MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that's built to perform.
Control Software & MIDI Gear
The AKAI MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8"-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto the AKAI MPX8. The editors drag-and-drop functionality makes loading your samples as easy as possible.
Get in the Loops
The AKAI MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage
Its compact, easy to load, and ready to go. The AKAI MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops.
Its that simple.
AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller Features
- Add sound samples from a standard SD or SDHC card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac and PC included
- Editor instantly converts samples to compatible .WAV files
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)
AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller Specifications
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4" (balanced), (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal . (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 1lb ( 0.45kg)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.6" x 4" x 1.3"
AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller Includes
- MPX8 Sample Kit Editor (Download)
- Loop Library (Download)
- (3.5mm) 1/8"-to-MIDI Adapter
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPX8 Sample Controller Downloads
What We Think
Seriously... How cool is the Akai MPX8 Sample Controller? VERY. Imagine, if you will, having the ability to trigger some sounds for your live show, inexpensively, and professionally. The Akai MPX8 Sample Controller makes this a self-contained sample PLAYER without having to connect to a computer to provide the brains. And as a performer, nothing is as lame as having to ask the live sound engineer to rig something up so you can clumsily (and most often - quite ineffectively) try to play a sample off of your smart phone. With the Akai MPX8, you're ready to not only trigger a sample in a professional manner - but EIGHT of them, at a time. New song? Load the next batch. Bang. Dead. Done.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review