The ADK Vienna Mk8 Microphone provides a shimmery brilliant clarity, balanced mids, and rounded bottom. The character the Vienna Mk8 provides is perfect for acoustic stringed instruments, piano, drum overheads, vocals, and anywhere else you need your track to cut through a dense mix.
The ADK Vienna Mk8 features a more fine-tuned response curve designed to replicate a vintage late 1960's austrian tube microphone. The Vienna Mk8 is the eighth generation of ADK Microphones - offering a sparkling, iridescent tonality.
Looking for a shockmount for the Vienna Mk8? We offer the ADK Super-Mount designed for a perfect fit.
ADK Vienna Mk8 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Class A Pressure Gradient FET Condenser Microphone
- Polar Pattern: Fixed Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 15mv/Pa
- Impedance: 200O
- S/N Ratio: 81dB (Ref: 1 Pa / A-Weighted)
- Equivalent Self-Noise: 15dB (A-Weighted / IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL @ 0.5% THD: 126dB / 140dB (0dB/-14dB Switchable PAD)
- Total Dynamic Range: 125 dB
- Low-Cut Filter (HPF): Flat / 89Hz
- Power Requirement: Phantom Power 48V ± 4V
ADK Vienna Mk8 Microphone Applications
- Application for the Vienna would be when you want a shimmering iridescence - Historically the Vintage Austrian Tone.
- The Vienna Edition has a distinctive "sheen" that is flattering on pop, hip-hop, and rock style:
ADK Vienna Mk8 Microphone Includes
- ADK Vienna Mk8 Microphone
- Piano-Black Wooden Jewel Case
- Heavy-Duty Metal Ring Mount
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Nice Vocal MicApr 19th 2014
I bought the Vienna on recommendation from RecordingReview.com. I was prepared to spend 1k on a mic but decided to give the Vienna a try. After recording several vocal tracks, I'm really glad I bought this mic. It's flatters my voice and sits well in the mixes. I'll be buying more mics from ADK in the future.
gorgeous highs without being harshDec 5th 2010
This is a great mic if your looking for that C12 tone on a budget. It'll get you closer than a lot of the cheap tube mics that are being produced today (and i know because I've tried just about all of them). It's got a nice top end sheen without being harsh. I love it on Female vocals and even on some male rock vocals. Really cuts through the mix well without EQ but doesn't sound unpleasant like a lot of mics in this price range. Works great on any sources that could use a little air.