Yamaha HS8S Powered Subwoofer
The Yamaha HS8S ultra-responsive powered subwoofer employs large, carefully selected magnets to produce low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end at all output levels.
Yamaha HS8S Powered Subwoofer Details
The Yamaha HS8S ultra-responsive powered subwoofer employs large, carefully selected magnets to produce low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end at all output levels. The Yamaha HS8S features an eight-inch cone woofer that is capable of up to 150W of output. It can reproduce frequencies down to 22Hz and features variable low and high cut filters between 80 and 120Hz. You can connect to the HS8S through its two balanced XLR or 1/4" TRS inputs for advanced connectivity and customization.. The HS8S also features stereo XLR extension sub outputs.
Yamaha HS8S Powered Subwoofer Features
- 22Hz - 150Hz frequency response
- High-power 150W amplifier exclusively designed for low frequencies
- LOW CUT switch, LOW CUT control (80-120Hz) HIGH CUT control (80-120 Hz)
- PHASE switch allow users to set up a subwoofer system with simple connections and no additional equipment
- XLR and TRS phone for outputs and XLR for L and R and EXT SUB
Yamaha HS8S Powered Subwoofer Specifications
- Frequency Response: 22 to 150 Hz
- Transducer: 1x 8" (203 mm) Cone
- Output Power: 150W
- Input Sensitivity: -10 dBu
- Input: 10 kΩ
- Output: 600 Ω
- 2x Balanced XLR3-31 Type
- 2x Balanced 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS
- Level control
- Phase Switch: Normal/Reverse.
- High Cut Control: 80 to 120 Hz, center click
- Low Cut Control: 80 to 120 Hz, center click
- Low Cut Switch: ON/OFF
- Indicators: 1x Power ON, White LED
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11.8 x 13.8 x 15.3"
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The complement subwoofer for Yamaha HS8 studio monitors.
HS8S does bring up very clearly the low frequencies which otherwise might be more difficult to hear with just the desk speakers.
Excellent monitors for the price, quick and precise service from FrontEnd Audio.
Matches beautifully both aesthetically and acoustically with the HS8 monitors. Very fast sub, goes down in to the 20's for sure, powerfully in to the 30's. I couldn't be happier with it.