Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been opened and used for demo purposes in our in-house studio. This interface has only been handled by our staff and is otherwise just like new and carries a full warranty. It includes everything as if new and has been repackaged in the original manufacturer packaging. So if you don't mind an occasional fingerprint or second layer of tape on the box, then you can grab a great deal today!
The Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitor is a 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter. Whether you're mixing for stereo or 5.1 surround, mixes that sound good on Yamaha HS series reference monitors will translate accurately to the widest possible range of reproduction systems - which is engineer-speak that simply means they'll sound good on anything. This white version will add some style to your studio or room! Improving on the original Yamaha HS50M the new Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitor has been optimized for a variety of music production environments. Whats new?
- New Transducers: The Yamaha HS5 features new transducers that achieve a smoother response over a wide bandwidth to ensure the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
- Upgraded Tweeter: The Yamaha HS5 has been upgraded to a 1" tweeter which provides an extended frequency range that delivers high-resolution sound.
- Improved Cabinet: The Yamaha HS5 is housed in a improved bass reflex-type cabinet which reproduces a tighter low-end and smoother, high frequency response. Additionally, the HS5 cabinet offers a low resonance enclosure designs constructed from a dense, resilient MDF for a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors.
- Upgraded Amp: The Yamaha HS5 is also equipped with a new unique high performance amp unit, perfectly paired with each transducer. The coupled amp unit ensures that each HS5 delivers high-resolution sound with exceptionally flat response across the spectrum.
When choosing reference monitors for mixing and music production, accuracy is the prime consideration. Speakers that sound "good" on first impression may not necessarily be accurate. What you really need is an honest reference for your mix, rather than monitors that have been tweaked or colored to deceptively sound impressive. The HS series reference monitors have been created by Yamaha's studio monitor engineering team to deliver exceptionally flat, accurate response that you can trust. Unlike "monitor" speakers with exaggerated bass and treble that make a good first impression but can't be relied on for accuracy, the HS series were designed to be true studio reference monitors in the tradition of the legendary Yamaha NS10M.
Whether you're mixing for stereo or 5.1 surround, mixes that sound good on Yamaha HS series reference monitors will translate accurately to the widest possible range of reproduction systems "¦ which is engineer-speak that simply means they'll sound good on anything. And that is the ultimate goal of any reference monitor. We should also mention that the HS Series monitors not only sound great, they look great, too. Designed to deliver an honest mix, the HS5 monitor speaker has a flat 54Hz-30kHz frequency response. Room control and frequency response switches allow custom tailoring of the monitor's response, making it perfect for all types of recording and multimedia applications. Easily create a 5.1 surround sound setup with the addition of an HS8S powered subwoofer (sold separately).
Yamaha HS5W Powered Studio Monitor Features
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 54Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 45W LF plus 25W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 70W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
Yamaha HS5W Powered Studio Monitor Specifications
- Speaker type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 54Hz - 30kHz
- LF: 5" cone
- HF: 1" dome
- Crossover: 2kHz
- Output power: 70W (LF:45W, HF:25W)
- I/O connectors: XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption: 45W
- Shape: Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material: MDF
- W: 170mm (6.7")
- H: 285mm (11.2")
- D: 222mm (8.7")
- Net weight: 5.3kg (11.7 lbs.)
- Others: LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
Yamaha HS5W Powered Studio Monitor Includes
- 1x HS5W Monitor
- 1x Power Cable
- Manufacturers Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review