WesAudio DIONE 500-Series Compressor
The WesAudio DIONE 500-Series Compressor is analog at it's finest! Offering that industry mixbus glue sound, the WesAudio DIONE is a fully analog VCA compressor with digital recall.
Legendary sound of Stereo Bus compressor has been true companion on countless recordings since 40 years. Often recognized as mixbus glue, this particular compression sound have become industry standard. We present the WesAudio DIONE fully analog, legendary VCA compressor with digital recall. Besides its vintage and transparent nature, unit itself implements many modern features which brings extreme flexibility to shape your sound like parallel compression or configurable harmonic distortion.
WesAudio DIONE 500-Series Compressor Features
- Fully digitally controlled and isolated analog circuit,
- Digital recall can be acheived by connecting unit directly through front panel mini USB socket, or using it inside TITAN chassis,
- Digital sidechain it is possible to send any track from your DAW as side chain signal to the compressor It is enough to configure side chain feature in connected plugin,
- 3 touch sensitive encoders allow record automation of particular parameters (Threshold, Mix, Make Up) in DAW,
- True bypass,
- Accurate analogue GR meter and its precise simulation implemented in the plug-in itself,
- Free software and firmware upgrades.
WesAudio DIONE 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (0.1dB)
- THD+N (WET): 0.008% (1kHz,0dBu)
- THD+N (DRY): 0.004% (1kHz,0dBu)
- Input impedance: 10kohm
- Output impedance: <100ohm
- Max gain: 21dB
- Crosstalk: < -90dB
- Attack: 0.1,0.3,1,3,10,30 (ms)
- Release: 0.1,0.3,0.6,0.9,1.2,Auto (s)
- Ratio: 1.5,2.4.10
- SC Filter: 60,90,150,T1,T2
- THD (MID switch): 1%
- THD (HIGH switch): 4%
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It seems that neverending question as to whether digital eoulations are as good as analog gear can be put to rest. Its not one or the other - its both. digital recall via USB with plugins hence giving a total recall feel to it. Very well designed with plenty of bands. M/S dual mono, ssteeo processing as well. I suspect that this will be the ongoing trend in audio gear. Combining the digital realm with analog gear. WesAudio is a young upstart and they've made an impression.