Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone
The Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone is a superb vocal microphone with warm transparent character, designed for production, broadcast, and voice over work. With a pressure gradient transducer capsule, selectable polar patterns, a high pass filter and a 10db pad, the B3 offers linear response and a classic deep rich sound.
The Studio Projects B3 Mic works wonderfully in many applications and is perfect for the professional and home project studio! The Studio Projects B3 Mic is the ultimate in large diaphragm condenser microphones at this price anywhere. This microphone has all the technical refinements to be an enduring classic . With features you would expect in a world class microphone, the Studio Projects B3 offer's three recording pattern positions (cardioid, omni and a true figure eight) with pad and Hi-Pass filter.
Equipped with a true 1" 3 um gold sputtered dual gold large diaphragm in a pressure gradient transducer capsule, the Studio Projects B3 Mic will ensure the finest quality of recordings while offering linear response and a classic deep rich sound. The Studio Projects B3 Mic can be connected to any external microphone
preamplifier or mixing console which provides 48 volt phantom power or via any 48 volt external power supply.
Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone Features
- High quality performance
- Highly durable
- Well suited for project/home studio use
- Active output circuitry
- Employing 3um mylar diaphragms
- Low-noise FET impedance converter
- Pressure-gradient transducer, dual 1" 3 um mylar capsule
- Selectable patterns (omni, cardioid, figure eight)
- High pass filter
- 10db Pad
Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone Applications
- A superb vocal microphone with warm transparent character
- Great for overhead choirs, strings, pianos & percussion
- Great for production, broadcast, and voice over work
- Perfect for the professional and home project studio
- A quality vocal mic suitable for all vocal styles
Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone Specifications
- Type: FET 3 micron 1" large dual diaphragm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure of Eight, Omni
- Frequency Response: 20~20000Hz
- Sensitivity: 14/16/18mV/Pa(Omni./Cardioid/Figure 8) (-37/-36/-35dB @1000Hz)
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohm
- Load Impedance: >1000 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 132/142dB SPL for 1% THD @1000Hz(0dB/-10dB pad, 0dB SPL=0.00002Pa)
- Noise: 14dB-A (Cardioid)
- S/N: 80 dB
- Pad: -10dB
- Low Cut: 6dB/Octave at 150 Hz
- Power Requirement: 48 +/- 4V
- Current Consumption: <2.5mA
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Circuit: Transformerless circuit
Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone Includes
- Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Mic
- User Manual
- Zippered Bag
- Foam Wind Screen
- 2 Year Warranty
Studio Projects B3 Multi-Pattern Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm continuing to get a fair amount of use out of the SP B-series. I'm finding them to be a little on the brighter side, but definitely serviceable on instruments that can handle a little high-mid definition, or traditionally tend to get bulky in the low mids.
Stringed instruments and guitar amps are my primary uses. Also served well as room mics for drums.
Certainly not a make-or-break feature, but the switch only allows you to engage the roll off or the pad, but not both at once, like with the B1. However, the multiple polar patterns more than make up for this minor inconvenience, IMHO.