Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface
The Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface conveys pristine, transparent audio quality through various analog and digital I/O formats, offering convenience for studio and stage alike. Connecting to Mac or PC via high-speed USB 2.0, the rackmountable UR824 boasts 24 channels with 8 premium D-PRE mic preamps alongside its dspMixFx technology for latency-free monitoring with effects.
The Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface is a 24 x 24 USB 2.0 audio interface with 8x D-PREs, 24-bit/192 kHz support & JetPLL. It offers the refined sound and functionality in a 1U rack mount unit.
Inputs and Outputs as far as the Eye Can See
The Steinberg UR824’s front panel hosts two Neutrik combo TRS/XLR connectors for balanced microphone/line input with switchable 48 volt phantom power and Hi-Z, pad push buttons for signal attenuation, gain controls with peak indicators. On the right hand side there’s a single output level rotary knob that allows you to easily adjust the levels of the eight line output signals alongside two headphone connectors, each with a dedicated level control. The output signal to be controlled by the front panel rotary is selected through the software. The rear panel provides six Neutrik combo TRS/XLR inputs and eight analog balanced TRS outputs as well as two pairs of optical ADAT inputs and outputs. Also on board are two BNC connectors for switchable word clock input and output. Developed by using advanced technologies to offer seamless scalability, this mixing and recording interface offers options to expand the number of analog inputs and outputs across the system via ADAT to provide up to 24 input and output channels.
Best Setups for Your Gear
With its expanded I/O capabilities, the Steinberg UR824 interface lets you hook up a vast number of equipment and instruments, the signals of which can also be fed via its high-speed USB 2.0 link to your computer for mixing and recording at a maximum audio resolution of 24 bits and 192 kHz. And with the free update to version 2, the Steinberg UR824 also works with the iPad or iPhone through Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USb camera adapter allowing you to record up to four input channels in an iOS audio application, such as Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis app.
Excellent Sound, Swift Workflow
The Steinberg UR824 is a recording and production solutions for ambitious musicians and professional engineers alike. Connections required for studios such as word clock and ADAT plus a range of Neutrik combo connectors are at hand. Also on board are EQ and compression tools in the form of the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strips on each channel, not to forget the REV-X plug-in that provides quality reverb for modifying the intricacy of a sonic space. The Steinberg UR824’s eight line outputs offer full support for surround productions up to 7.1.
Keep on Rockin’
The Steinberg UR824 is a perfect solution for band recording. Mount the Steinberg UR824 in your rack and with the range of channels and connectors, pick up all the band’s instruments and vocals and record and mix them in Cubase AI or your preferred DAW. For live rigs, the Steinberg UR824 offers inputs and outputs over a variety of formats, the two pairs of ADAT of which provide additional I/O expansion capability. Connect either to two 8-channel mic preamps with ADAT outputs or two UR units in standalone mode to get a stunning 24 channels for recording an entire rock band setup.
iPad Connectivity and Free dspMixFx App
With the latest firmware updates, the Steinberg UR824 introduces iPad connectivity and the free dspMixFx app alongside some other new features. Together with the Steinberg UR824, the dspMixFx app allows you to utilize the benefits of Yamaha’s custom-designed SSP2 DSP chip directly on your iPad. The dspMixFx app provides latency-free monitoring while running the highly acclaimed REV-X reverb, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics with other iOS audio apps.
Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Features
- 24-bit/192kHz 24x24 USB 2.0 Audio Interface - With a sampling rate of 192kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, the Steinberg UR824 is state of the art in every sense of the word.
- Eight Class A D-PRE Mic Preamps - Yamaha's highly-acclaimed D-PRE preamps deliver a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this class.
- dspMixFX - Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics.
- 2 Pairs of ADAT Optical I/O - 2 pairs of ADAT optical I/O provide 16 ins and outs (S/MUX compatible, 4 in and 4 out @ 192kHz).
- JetPLL Ultra-Low Jitter Support - JetPLL provides the same performance as traditional, expensive clocking solutions found in the world’s best clocking products.
- Compatible with Major Recording Software - The Steinberg UR824 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio, or WDM standard.
- iOS Connectivity - The CC mode provides connectivity with the iPad and iPhone through Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB camera adapter.
- Cubase AI included - Based on the same core technologies as the popular Cubase DAW, Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
- Cubasis LE included - Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad.
- Basic FX Suite - Basic FX Suite VST 3 plug-in bundle, consisting of three software components: Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X and Guitar Amp Classics.
Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Technical Specifications:
- MIC INPUT (Balanced):
- Frequency Response: +0.1/-0.2 dB, 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 105 dB, A-Weighted
- THD+N: 0.0014 %, 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 22 Hz/22 kHz BPF
- Crosstalk: >125 dB, 1 KHz
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu
- Input Impedance: 4 kO
- Maximum Gain: 60 dB
- Adjustable Gain: 44 dB
- Pad: -26 dB
- HI-Z INPUT (Unbalanced):
- Maximum Input Level: +10dBV
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- LINE OUTPUT (Balanced):
- Frequency Response: +0.1/-0.1dB, 20Hz to 22kHz
- Dynamic Range: 117 dB, A-Weighted
- THD+N: 0.0009%, 1kHz, -1dBFS, 22Hz/22kHz BPF
- Crosstalk: >130 dB, 1 KHz
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu
- Output Impedance: 75 O
- PHONES 1/2:
- Maximum Output Level: 75 mW + 75 mW, @40 O
- Specification: USB2.0, 24 bit, 44.1 kHz/48 kHz/88.2 kHz/96 kHz
- XLR INPUT:
- Polarity: Pin 1; Ground, Pin 2: Hot (+), Pin 3: Cold (-)
- MIC INPUT (Balanced):
- General Specifications:
- Power Requirements: 38.4 W (PA-300C)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 480 x 44 x 275 mm
- Net Weight: 3.1 Kg
- System Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13
- Mac OS X 10.5.8/10.6/10.7/10.8 (Firmware 1.0-1.5)
- Intel Dual Core CPU
- Windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (Firmware 1.0-1.5)
- Intel or AMD Dual Core CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 4 GB of Free HD Space
- Display Resolution of 1280x800 Recommended
- DVD-ROM Dual-Layer Drive
- USB 2.0/3.0 Port (Tested with Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller)
- CC Mode Requires iOS 9 (or Higher) on iOS Device
Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Includes
- Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface
- AC Power Adaptor
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide
- Essential Product License Information Card
- Tools for UR824 CD-ROM
- Cubase AI DVD-ROM
- USB Cable
- Ferrite Core
- 4 x Rubber Stoppers
- 1 Year Warranty
Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Downloads
- Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Operation Manual (PDF)
- Steinberg UR824 USB Audio Interface Getting Started Guide (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I needed an audio interface for my home studio with multiple inputs to mic a drum kit. These mic pres are very clean and the entire unit worked seamlessly after installing the drivers in my Win7 machine. Very happy with its performance. Full integration with Cubase.