Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.0 Virtual Instrument Plug-in
Omnisphere 2.0 is the first v2.0 of any Spectrasonics instrument and it's truly a gigantic one! Check out the new feature list and the video introduction by Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, Eric Persing.
Omnisphere 2 by Spectrasonics adds a vast amount of new synthesis and creative capabilities for sound designers, plus significant user interface improvements to the industry-leading Omnisphere. It includes the most requested new feature, Audio Import for user-created audio files, plus 100 times the number of DSP Oscillator waveforms, morphing Wavetables, new granular synthesis options, over 3,000 unique new sounds, 25 new FX units, an enhanced User Interface, and innovative production/browsing features such as Sound Match to instantly locate any related sounds in the library. Browsing patches has never been more creative than with the new Sound Lock function, which lets the user create endless patch variations by locking certain sound parameters while browsing other patches. Omnisphere has been heard on countless hit records, and this release promises to continue its legacy.
Although this new synth is extremely powerful, Omnisphere is designed with a unique user interface containing progressive layers of zooming to accommodate the complete range of users - from musicians who just want to be inspired by the sounds and customize them in an easy way, to expert synthesists and the most advanced sound designers. Users can go deeper and deeper into the software and progress in their synthesis knowledge by simply exploring additional levels of sound manipulation options. To make sure that all users get the most out of the new capabilities, Omnisphere includes an extensive set of video tutorials and synthesis lessons taught by the renown Spectrasonics sound design team.
Omnisphere offers a host of hybrid synthesis and new control capabilities including Variable Waveshaping DSP synthesis, Granular synthesis, Timbre Shifting, FM, polyphonic Ring Modulation, high-resolution streaming Sample Playback, Harmonia, Dual Multimode Filter structure, Chaos Envelopes, an advanced Unison mode, and the innovative Flex-Mod modulation routing system - to name a few.
The huge core library of Omnisphere is filled with years of creative sampling experiments and thousands of inspiring patches. Spectrasonics has pioneered several brand-new types of sampling for the core library of this instrument, including unique Psychoacoustic sounds and soundsources created with a new Composite Morphing Technique (CMT) - which morphs the harmonic characteristics of one instrument to another. As a bonus, a section of the core library is also devoted to representing the best of Spectrasonics award-winning sample libraries. When all of these organic core library soundsources are combined with the synthesis power of the STEAM engine, the sounds become "alive" in a truly dynamic and expressive way.
Among the many unique features this new multitimbral synth offers are its flexible arpeggiators with the innovative Groove Lock integration with Stylus RMX - allowing the arpeggiator's pattern to instantly groove with the feel of the RMX drum loop; Live Mode for transitionless patch switching and layering, Stack Mode for powerful performance mapping; and integrated modulatable FX Racks.
Omnisphere is also the successor to Spectrasonics' popular Atmosphere instrument, and contains enhanced versions of all the classic Atmosphere sounds. However, the brand new core library in Omnisphere is 10-times the size of Atmosphere and features thousands of completely new and different sounds.
The culmination of many years of development, Omnisphere is an instrument of extraordinary power and versatility. Omnisphere brings many different types of synthesis together into one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration.
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.0 Virtual Instrument Plug-in Features
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- Advanced users can "zoom" into deeper and deeper synthesis capabilities
- Sophisticated Browser with searching, sound attributes, descriptions and images
- 8 independent Arpeggiators
- World's first Arpeggiator with Groove Lock - which allows the Arpeggiators to match the feel of Stylus RMX and MIDI Files.
- Special performance-oriented Live Mode interface allows for seamless, interactive creative patch switching and layering on the fly
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch layering, splits, and crossfades (velocity/positional/controller)
- 8-part multitimbral with built-in Mixer, Aux FX and Mastering FX racks
- Advanced MIDI Learn and Automation parameter handling
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide
- Hours of free Tutorial Videos available online to registered users
- Windows native 64-bit support and Mac OSX Snow Leopard compatibility
- Vast New Synthesis Possibilities:
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator - an increase of 100X
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres
- 8 New Filter Types - New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options
- Soundsource Reversing
- Now includes over 10,000 sounds!
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco's Custom Built Instruments
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources, and much, much more!
- New Interface:
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side
- New Mini-Browser available at all times
- Larger Full Browser Design
- Enhanced Browsing Experience:
- Sound Match - feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries
- Greatly Improved sound organization system
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning
- Browse Patches by Mood
- Expanded Genres
- Browse by Oscillator type
- Boolean search options
- New Arpeggiator Features:
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns
- Arp pattern lock while browsing
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects
- New modulation capabilities
- 25 New FX Units:
- Quad Resonator
- Thriftshop Speaker
- Classic Twin
- Rock Stack
- Stompbox Modeler
- Metalzone Distortion
- Toxic Smasher
- Foxxy Fuzz
- Analog Phaser
- Analog Flanger
- Analog Chorus
- Analog Vibrato
- Solina Ensemble
- Vintage Tremolo
- Envelope Filter
- Crying Wah
- Precision Compressor
- Studio 2-Band EQ
- Flexible New FX Features:
- 16 FX units per patch
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks
- Lock FX while browsing
- Improvements/Special Features:
- Live Mode with key splits
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode
- Tweak Trilian Custom Controls Interface inside Omnisphere
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc)
- and more!
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.0 Virtual Instrument Plug-in Includes
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.0 Virtual Instrument Plug-in
- Over 12,000 inspiring sounds pre-installed on a hard drive
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.0 Virtual Instrument Plug-in System Requirements
- 4GB RAM minimum, 8GB or more recommended
- Mac Recommendations
- 2.4 GHz or higher processor
- OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion or higher
- AU, VST 2.4 or higher, RTAS/AAX capable host software
- Audio Unit plugin requires host with support for "Cocoa" based plugins
- Native 64-bit and 32-bit on OSX
- Windows Recommendations
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- VST 2.4 or higher, RTAS/AAX capable host software
- Native 64-bit and 32-bit on Windows
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I use it to serve on worship team for our church, and its sound just create such an atmosphere to host the presence of God!
You'll need to make sure your computer runs fast enough to be able to run the sound, I have to constantly clean up the memory I use or restart my mac so it won't clip.