Sony C800GPAC Tube Microphone Pack
The Sony C800GPAC Tube Microphone Pack is undeniably one of the best and most loved microphones for vocal and voice recording applications. The accuracy and warmth the Sony C800G provides is unparalleled, making it a sought after industry standard for Pop, Hip Hop, Rap, RnB, Rock, pretty much anywhere you want a pure and musical reproduction of the voice.
Please note that the Sony C800G was always a “built to order” mic, and generally held a lead time of 4-6 weeks. However, with the Sony C800G currently not being in production (and not available), as well as the future of the mic being only known to Sony (as to if or when it will return to production), we are not taking any orders for the mic at this time. If it (or a revision) does return to production, we will update this page and resume taking orders.
With it currently unavailable, we are happy to assist those looking for something similar, with high quality alternatives. Please contact us via phone or email, for what alternatives are available that could suit your needs.
The Sony C800G Studio Tube Condenser Microphone is designed to provide the highest quality possible, for professional audio recording applications. The Sony C800G features a high-end dual sided large diaphragm capsule with an electronically selectable pick-up pattern (Omni Directional, or Cardioid), a 6AU6 vacuum tube providing accuracy and warmth, and a highly effecient Peltier-based heat sink for optimum tube operating temperatures. All these features makes the C800G an excellent microphone for recording vocals in the studio, as well as for post production and voice over work - providing a true reproduction of vocal qualities.
Sony C800GPAC Tube Microphone Pack Features
- Designed for the highest possible sound reproduction quality
- Suitable for vocal recording in studios and film post production houses
- High sensitivity of -33dB/Pa
- Low noise and low distortion due to built-in cooling system
- Large diaphragm capsule
- Electronically selectable directivity, either omni- directional or cardioid
Sony C800GPAC Tube Microphone Pack Specifications
- Capsule Type: Condenser
- Vacuum Tube: 6AU6A
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 76 dB (Uni), 73 dB (Omni).
- High Sensitivity: of -33dB/Pa.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-18,000 Hz
- Dynamic Range: 113 dB
- Output Impedance at 1 kHz: 100 O ±20% balanced
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: (Uni) -32.0dB/Pa, (Omni), -35.0dB/Pa
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (1 kHz, 1 Pa IEC 651,A-Weighted): (Uni) 76dB or more, (Omni) 73dB or more
- Inherent Noise (IEC 651,A-Weighted): (Uni) Less than 18dB SPL (Omni) Less than 21dB SPL
- Max. Input SPL (1 kHz 1% Distortion): (Uni) 131dB SPL (71 Pa), (Omni) 134dB SPL (100 Pa)
- Microphone Connector:
- Mic Output: JR16RK-7P type
- Mic Intput: JR16RK-7S type
- Audio Output: Cannon XLR-3-32 type
- Power Requirements: AC120V, 50/60Hz (C800G), AC120V, 50/60Hz (AC-MC800G)
- Power Consumption: 35W Approx.(C800G), 65 W (AC-MC800G)
- C800G Microphone: 2 1/4 dia. x 7 5/8 x 9 3/8 inches (57 dia. x 191 x 237 mm)
- AC-MC800G Power Supply: 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 12 inches (214 x 105 x 306 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 1 lb 16 oz (900 g) - (C800G), 11 lb 14 oz (5.4 kg) - (AC-MC800G)
Sony C800GPAC Tube Microphone Pack Includes
- C800G Tube Condenser Microphone
- AC-MC800G Power Supply
- 7-pin mic cable
- Shock Mount
- Wind Screen
- Aluminum case for C800G mic
- Warranty Registration Info
What We Think
The Sony C800G is clearly a well known and loved microphone. The first time I used it, and really heard it with my own ears, I understood what it was all about. The word that best describes the Sony C800G to me, is "Purity". What you feed it, is what you get. The nuances, the detail and clarity is all there. But, there is a warmth and musicality to it - that just makes the recording better. It's like it is lifting up the voice, letting it stand out and be truly heard. The C800G also has a large dimensional sound that brings forth the life of the performance. This mic has some magic to it. And while it sounds amazing of vocals (and you can clearly tell that a lot of love and care went into designing it for that) - the C800G is also amazing on acoustic guitars and pianos.
- Ryan / Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review