The Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface is a studio powerhouse as well as a portable production hub for on the road. Packed with everything you need and more, the SSL 12 is the perfect audio interface for producers and engineers who demand uncompromising performance and versatility from a desktop device.
The Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface is capable of being both a studio centrepiece and a portable production hub to take with you on the road. Four SSL-designed mic pre-amps with uncompromising low-noise and high gain performance, Legacy 4K analogue enhancement for adding that signature SSL colour, class-leading dynamic range from premium-quality converters, comprehensive monitoring section, ADAT expandability, talkback mic, flexible headphone outputs and an intuitive console-style software mixer. SSL 12 just set a new bar for what you can expect from a unit that is entirely USB-powered.
Big studio features, small desktop footprint
SSL 12 is loaded with an extraordinary amount of professional studio features normally reserved for high-end rackmount interfaces. For tracking, the ADAT connectivity, together with the on-board talkback mic and an incredibly powerful cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero latency performer mixes) will handle the most demanding of recording sessions. For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front panel control room functions puts everything you need at your fingertips. For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths and FX equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing. To top it all off, the ever-expanding SSL Production Pack (packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs) helps to bring your productions to life.
SSL Studio Quality and Know-How
For over 50 years, SSL have been designing cutting-edge mixing consoles and hardware processors, as used by the world’s most recognised artists and recording studios. Over that time, their reputation as a world-leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment has centred around a constant pursuit of audio excellence and technical innovation, accomplished through streamlining production workflows and advanced studio ergonomics. SSL 12 takes the ‘traditional’ desktop audio interface where it’s never been before with an incredible array of features in a compact footprint that delivers outstanding audio quality. Featuring the familiar Alps pots, Neutrik connectors and an attractive brushed aluminium front panel, SSL 12 is built to last whether you’re using it in the studio or on location.
Real Analogue Enhancement Inspired By The SSL 4000-Series (4K) Console
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of the classic '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of the ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, SSL are always moving forward with analogue. Legacy 4K is an all-analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000-series console (often referred to as ‘4K’). It distils two essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single circuit. The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K circuit will do is to introduce a forward, yet musical sounding high frequency EQ boost, helping to add some excitement to your vocal or instrument. Secondly, it’ll add some subtle analogue distortion with finely tuned harmonic content, helping bolster any sound with more edge and personality.
SSL 12 Mixer
The cross-platform Mac and Windows SSL 360° application hosts the powerful, yet intuitive console-style SSL 12 Mixer, where you can configure and control every aspect of SSL 12:
- Easily set up multiple near-zero latency headphone mixes
- Configure HP A and HP B outputs for different headphone sensitivities or re-purpose as additional line-level outputs
- Customise the 3 user-assignable front panel buttons
- Choose your Loopback source
- Save/Load SSL 12 Mixer templates
SSL Production Pack (includes over $1000 worth of software and sounds)
Inspirational software from your favourite industry tools. SSL 12 comes bundled with the SSL Production Pack, a unique collection of SSL and 3rd party software packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs. Let your creativity shine and bring your productions to life. The SSL Production Pack includes:
- 3-months free access to SSL Complete subscription
- 3-months free access to Auto-Tune Unlimited subscription
- 3-months free access to Arcade subscription by Output
- Perpetual plug-in licenses for SSL Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 5 SE
- Celemony Melodyne Essential
- Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
- Ableton Live 11 Lite
- AAS Session Bundle plug-ins
- 1.5 GB Samples from Loopcloud
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface Features
- 4 x SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
- Per-Channel Legacy 4K switches - analogue colour enhancement for any input source, inspired by the 4000-series console
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments
- 2 professional-grade headphone outputs, with switchable modes of operation that cater for high impedance or high sensitivity headphones. Or re-purpose each headphone output as an additional balanced/unbalanced line-level outputs instead.
- 32-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Converters - capture and hear all the detail of your creations
- ADAT IN - expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels of digital audio
- Built In Talkback Mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B and Line 3-4 outputs
- 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range
- ---Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set or as additional line-level outputs to connect to studio outboard equipment, with +24 dBu operating levels.
- SSL 12 mixer: Powerful digital mixer hosted in SSL 360° - Quickly create low-latency cue mixes.
- DC-coupled outputs for controlling CV input instruments & FX
- 3 user-assignable front panel switches - assign various monitoring functions and talkback open/close
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle (over $1000 worth of software and sounds); includes 3-months free subscription to SSL Complete, plus an exclusive collection of 3rd party DAWs, virtual instruments and plug-ins.
- USB bus-powered audio interface for Mac/Windows - power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via the USB 2.0 protocol
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface Specifications
- Computer Connectivity: USB 3.0
- Simultaneous I/O: 12 x 8
- Mic Preamps: 4
- Phantom Power: Yes
- AD / DA Resolution: 32-bit/192 kHz
- Analogue Inputs: 4 x XLR-¼" combo (Mic/Line), 2 x ¼" (Hi-Z)
- Analogue Outputs: 4 x ¼" (Line outs)
- Headphones Outputs: 2 x ¼"
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical (ADAT)
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- USB: 1 x Type USB-C
- Loopback: Yes
- Talkback Mic: Yes
- Power: USB-Powered
- OS Requirements – Mac: MacOS 10.15 or later
- OS Requirements – Windows: Windows 10, Windows 11
- Height: 58.65 mm
- Width: 286.75 mm
- Depth: 154.94mm
- Weight: 1.4 kg
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface Includes
- Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- USB Adapter
- Manual & Quick Start Guide
- SSL Production Pack
What We Think
The Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface, is a welcome addition to their usb audio interface line. Building on what the SSL2 and SSL2+ offer, including a powerful headphone amp, USB-C, Mic/Line/Instrument inputs, and the legendary 4K emulation, the SSL 12 provides 4 mic/line inputs, and 8 digital inputs via ADAT Optical. On it's own the four mic pres are enough to record a 5 piece drum set (in the classic Recorderman or Johns style), but the additional 8 ins over ADAT makes it possible to record a full band! All in a compact desktop format. The SSL12 is a home studio powerhouse! - Ryan Ferris, Pro Audio Sale Manager
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface - Out Of The Box at Front End Audio
Check out the BRAND NEW Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interfa...
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface - Tutorial (Part 1)
SSL 12 represents a new class of audio interface, offering a c...
Solid State Logic SSL 12 Audio Interface - Tutorial (Part 2)
SSL 12 represents a new class of audio interface, offering a c...
SSL 12 – A new class of audio interface from Solid State Logic
Introducing SSL 12 – A new class of audio interface from Solid...
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review