The Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine is designed for the DAW user that seeks the legendary big sound of an SSL console while retaining the convenience of working in the box. It is a unique rack mounting SuperAnalogue mixer with full synchronised control via the Sigma Remote Control Application and Delta-Control DAW plug-ins.
The Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine seamlessly brings the analogue joy of mixing on an SSL console into your DAW dominated workflow. Using MDAC technology unique to SSL, the Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine takes the SuperAnalogueTM mix buss from SSL's Duality and AWS consoles and delivers it in a 2U rack design, with complete remote control of the analogue signal path, using either a hardware control surface and/or a simple Remote Control Application, and/or directly from your DAW using the innovative SSL delta-Control (d-Ctrl) plug-in. Now anyone who can drive a DAW can mix on an SSL.
Sigma is Powerful and Very Flexible
It has 16 stereo input channels which can be individually switched between being mono or stereo for up to 32 channels at mixdown. There is accurate metering for all channels via LED meters on the SSL Sigma hardware unit. There are two stereo mix busses with dedicated outputs and individual stereo insert points to facilitate implementation of parallel compression or convenient printing of stems back to the DAW with processing applied. Mix Bus B can also be injected into Mix Bus A for final mixdown. Providing further flexibility, Mix Bus A & B inserts also include an 'insert sum' feature to sum the insert return to the mix bus.
Single Fader Plug-in
delta-Control (d-Ctrl) Single Fader Plug-in is a native AAX/RTAS/VST/VST3 plug-in that allows automation of SSL Sigma channel volume as if it were a DAW plug-in. Inserting 16 instances into the DAW session will allow control of volumes and cuts for all 16 of SSL Sigma’s channels. The automation system in the DAW is used to record and playback SSL Sigma volume control data entered either directly from the fader in the plug-in GUI or from a SSL MCU control surface which is controlling Sigma directly. The d-Ctrl plug-in is inserted into a DAW mixer audio or aux channel. The plug-in then receives and sends volume data from Sigma Delta via a high speed ethernet network connection. Audio on the DAW track passes through the plug-in slot unprocessed so the plug-in can be combined with other DAW plug-ins. Solid State Logic Sigma’s Volume and Mute switch are represented as plug-in parameters in the d-Ctrl plug-in GUI and their automation data is recorded to the automation lane of the selected DAW channel. In playback, the plug-in converts the stored automation data from the DAW into d-Ctrl messages and routes these back to Solid State Logic Sigma via the SSL Logictivity network connection.
16 Fader Plug-In
The 16-fader ‘Sigma Delta 16’ plug-in provides compatibility to Logic users, as well as offering an alternative workflow to ‘Sigma Delta Single Fader’ plug-in users. The plug-in is available all formats including AAX/AU/VST3/VST. The SSL Sigma Delta 16 plug-in allows users to write automation for Sigma’s 16 analogue faders from one plug-in window, solving Logic’s inherent limitation of only being able to write data to one plug-in at a time. In addition to this, SSL Sigma Delta 16 can control pans, Solo, Cut, mono/stereo selection and mix bus assignments.
Mix Bus Plug-In
The Solid State Logic Sigma Delta Mix Bus plug-in allows users to automate Sigma’s two stereo mix busses and their insert points.
The Solid State Logic Sigma Delta Monitoring plug-in allows full control of SSL Sigma’s monitoring section, including monitor and headphone levels, monitor cut, dim and source selection. It allows SSL Sigma's Monitoring section to be controlled from your DAW, a control surface or the SSL Remote Application running on a computer or a tablet device.
The full effect of these plug-ins delivers an analogue summing mixer that instantly recalls when moving between DAW sessions. Sigma Single Fader plug-in users can continue to enjoy their established workflow and single fader-based sessions are backwards compatible, providing that the Delta Single Fader is updated to version 2.1 after Sigma is updated to 2.1 software.
Controlling Sigma Delta
The Solid State Logic Sigma Delta offers tight integration into multiple studio workflows and setups. The SSL Sigma Delta plug-ins provide streamlined implementation with Eucon enabled control surfaces such as Avid® S3, S6 and Artist series or the Pro Tools Control app. The plug-in parameters map across Eucon control surfaces via the Insert editor, meaning that users can easily move between controlling their summed Sigma mix and their DAW session from the same surface. Likewise, Nucleus users continue to be able to control SSL Sigma directly via the Nucleus’ ‘Sigma Delta’ MCU profile, whilst being able to switch layers to control their DAW session.
Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine Features
- Works with major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo and Ableton Live
- Eucon enabled control of Sigma Delta plug-ins via control surfaces such as Avid ® S3, S6 and Artist series or the Pro Tools Control app
- 16 Flexible channels individually switchable between stereo or mono for up to 32 channels at mixdown
- Advanced delta-Control automation driven SSL SuperAnalogue™ mix engine
- 2 Stereo mix busses with individual stereo insert points
- SSL MCU Control of Sigma Delta via dedicated Nucleus profile
- Independent Main and Alternate Monitor outputs
- Direct outputs on all channels
- Talkback facility with adjustable Dim level
- Intuitive cross platform Remote Control app
- High speed ‘Logictivity Control’ via single Ethernet cable
- Sigma is an analogue summing unit which can be controlled from a cross platform Remote app, from a MCU compatible control surface using MIDI control, and from a DAW via the delta-Control plug-in.
- The Remote app and the d-Ctrl plugin use a standard Ethernet connection to communicate with Sigma.
- MCU control and MIDI control from an SSL control surface uses an application called 'ipMIDI' which runs on your computer to route MIDI data to Sigma via the same ethernet cable that carries the Remote app and d-Ctrl messages.
- d-Ctrl, the Remote app and IP MIDI require that a network connection exists (via Ethernet) between your computer and Sigma. This is set up in a similar way to configuring a wireless hub and requires selection of appropriate settings in your network control panel in your computer.
- To use a tablet/smartphone device (iPad etc) to control Sigma you will need a Wireless Router or wireless access point (AP), to which your computer and Sigma are already connected (using physical Ethernet cables). You simply connect to your tablet via WI-FI from the Wireless Router or access point. This allows the Remote app to control Sigma. This is necessary as Sigma does not have a wireless connection of its own.
- The network and MIDI control aspects of Sigma are entirely separate to the audio side of Sigma. All audio connections are made between the Sigma unit and your Computer audio interface/converters.
Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine Specifications
- Depth: 320mm / 12.75" (Casing Only)
- Height: 89mm / 3.5" (2RU)
- Width: 435mm / 17" (Casing Only), 482mm / 19" (Including Rack Ears)
- Weight: 5 kg / 11 Pounds
- Boxed Size: 510mm x 570mm x 280mm, 20" x 22.5" x 11"
- Boxed Weight: 10 kg / 22 Pounds
- Power Supply: IEC320 3-Pin Connector, 100 –240 Vac, 50 –60 Hz
- DC Power: 2mm DC Power Jack, +12V, < 3A
- Analogue I/O:
- 25-Pin D-Type Socket, Balanced, Zin > 10kO, Zo ˜ 100O
- 3-Pin XLR-M, Balanced, Zo ˜ 100O
- Headphones: Stereo 1/4" Jack Socket, Zo ˜ 75O
- Footswitch: Stereo 1/4" Jack Socket (1 Circuit)
- iJack: Stereo 3.5mm Jack Socket, Zi ˜ 10k
- Network: 8P8c Modular Connector; ‘RJ-45’ type (100bT, Cat5)
- USB: 1 x Type-B Chassis Socket (SSL Diagnostic Use Only)
- Maximum I/O Level: +18dBu, +22dBu or 24dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz –40kHz ±0.3dB
- THD + N: < 0.025% (20Hz –20kHz)
- CHIP to CHOP: < –83dBu @ +24dBu(20Hz –20kHz)
- CHIP to MIX A: < –75dBu @ +24dBu (20Hz –20kHz)
Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine Includes
- Solid State Logic Sigma Mix Engine
- Onboard IP Software Control
- IEC Power Cable
- User Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review