Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Microphone
Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Location/Studio Microphone is also a legendary voice-talent and voice-over microphone, frequently used for production of radio spots.
Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone Details
The venerable Sennheiser MKH 416 is a compact pressure-gradient microphone with short interference tube, highly immune to humidity due to its RF condenser design. Featuring high directivity, low self noise, high consonant articulation and feedback rejection, the MKH 416 can handle difficult exterior filming and reporting conditions without any difficulty. Supercardioid/lobe pattern, matte black finish, supplied with the MZW415 windscreen
Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone Features
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency
- Above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Interference tube principle
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Matte black all-metal body
- Increased directivity
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions. Extremely stable.
- Visually â??low keyâ?
- MKH 416 P 48 microphone
- MZW 415 windshield
- MZQ 100 microphone clamp
Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Pick-up pattern: super-cardioid/lobar
- Frequency response: 40â?"20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (free field, no load) (1 kHz): 25 mV/Pa Â± 1 dB
- Nominal impedance: 25 Ohms
- Min. terminating impedance: 800 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level:
- A-weighted (DIN IEC 651) approx. 13 dB
- CCIR-weighted (CCIR 468-3) approx. 24 dB
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB at 1 kHz
- Power supply phantom: 48 Â± 12 V
- Supply current: 2 mA
- Dimensions in inches: .74 x 9.84
- Weight: approx. 5.82 oz
Sennheiser MKH416 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Sennheiser MKH416 microphone is a venerable choice for both location sound recording for film and video, but has become one of the legendary 'must-have' microphones for voice-over and radio-spot talent. Something about the response of this microphone makes it a perfect match for the requirements of radio-spot production. It's no a 'natural' sounding mic, though. And you shouldn't judge it by how it sounds in your headphones if you're the talent. Because, when you listen to the recording on the studio monitors, you realize that this mic, out of the box has provided all of the regular shaping that one might normally apply to the signal - a little more presence and air along with a rolled off bottom end to help it sit just right. Voiceover work is so particular that no one microphone will solve all the needs for every voice or job. We have customers who tell us about how just by having their MKH 416 with them actually saved the day. No matter which application you have for the Sennheiser MKH416, Front End Audio carries a full and wide variety of accessories to perfectly match with it. Give us a shout!"
Front End Audio
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Amazing supercadioid mic for outdoor recording, and it can be also greatly used for vox in the studio. I even have recorded taiko drums with 2 mkh416s and could capture delicate as well as tasty sound.
I am really happy I got this mic. I wanted a really professional shotgun that was going to last forever so I chose the 416. It sounds beautiful. Really. When I got it I spent hours just walking around listening. It is clear and really gets a great sound. RECOMMEND!!