sE Electronics V Kick Drum Microphone
The sE Electronics V Kick Drum Microphone is the most compact and versatile drum microphone in its class, intended for use with kick drums or other large drums where low-frequency energy is of the utmost importance.
Its integrated swivel joint allows for any required mic placement, and its specialized capsule provides a sound character tailored specifically for kick drums, which can be further shaped with the use of two switches on the rear side of the microphone. From warm and classic to modern and aggressive, the V Kick gives you any kick drum sound you need.
From Classic to Modern: Switchable sonic voicing
Two switches on the rear side of the V KICK allow you four different sound settings, great for tailoring the sound for your specific project – and ideal for live shows with multiple bands and short changeovers. And since they’re on the back of the mic, these switches are still accessible even if the V KICK is placed inside a kick drum. With the V KICK, you can always make the right choice with just a single microphone. The left-hand switch shapes the microphone’s overall voicing, with two selectable options. “Classic” provides a more traditional kick drum sound with a familiar low frequency punch and a warmer, more rounded sound. If a more contemporary, aggressive sound is desired, the “Modern” setting emphasizes the low end and high end (a “scooped” sound). The right-hand switch specifically tailors the microphone’s high-frequency character. “Classic” provides a typical bite in the upper midrange (presence boost) and a more rounded and familiar sound, while “Modern” provides an open, clear and transient-rich top end for a more contemporary, aggressive drum sound. Each of these switches is recessed slightly into the mic body to prevent unintentional adjustment, and requires a small flathead screwdriver or similar implement to switch between settings. The V KICK also has an integrated swivel joint that allows for easy positioning inside or outside a kick drum. Its extremely low profile allows it to fit easily through the drum head port, and the XLR cable and mic stand mount are in parallel to minimize cable clutter.
The most compact kick drum mic on the market
The V KICK’s extremely low profile allows for effortless placement outside or inside a kick drum, with a wide range of swivel for easy positioning. And with the stand mount and the XLR connector mounted side-by-side in parallel on the underside of the mic, your mic cables stay flush with the mic stand – no cable clutter, completely minimal footprint, and easy to place anywhere.
The heart of the V KICK: the DMC7 SB capsule
The all-new custom DMC7 SB capsule offers the same technologies and features as its siblings within the acclaimed V7 and V7 X, including the innovative, specialized aluminum voice coil. While the V7 X is optimized for most other instruments, the capsule in the V KICK has been custom-tuned for the very lowest and loudest tones. With aluminum being a much lighter material than the industry standard (copper), it delivers an open and transient-rich sound, with effortless capture of low frequency energy and punch. The midrange is also extremely balanced, supporting the natural resonances of percussive instruments. The excellent off-axis rejection of this sophisticated capsule also helps isolate your kick drum from other sound sources on the stage - efficiently reducing stage bleed and spill from snare, toms, hi-hat and more. The supercardioid pattern also allows you to easily tailor the bottom-end by adjusting the proximity effect – i.e. distance to the sound source. Proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and high workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency.
sE Electronics V Kick Drum Microphone Features
- Classic to Modern: Switchable sonic voicing: two switches instantly provide four different sonic options from a classic kick sound with familiar punch, snap and warm low-end to a deep, ultra-modern sound with fat lows and crisp, transient-rich highs separate voicing (left) and high-frequency character (right) switches recessed switches to prevent accidental adjustments
- The most compact kick drum mic on the market: extremely low profile for effortless placement inside the drum wide swivel range for easy positioning outside integrated parallel stand adapter and XLR connector
- Specialized capsule designed for the very lowest & loudest tones: innovative aluminum voice coil for detailed lows and crystal-clear highs effortless capture of low frequency energy and punch delivers a balanced midrange that supports the natural resonances of percussive instruments powerful Neodymium magnet ensures high efficiency
- Patented internal shock-mount: efficiently decouples the capsule from any mechanical vibration eliminates the need for an external shock-mount
- Sophisticated supercardioid capsule design: for superior isolation and rejection of unwanted noise efficiently reduces spill from snare, toms or hi-hat tailor the low-end easily by adjusting the distance to the sound source easily control the level of proximity effect & bass boost
- All-metal housing with premium finish: robust, rock-solid design – built for the road all metal chassis construction – no fragile plastic parts high quality, highly durable die-cast zinc alloy corrosion-free materials and finishing
- Stainless spring steel mesh grille: dent-proof and corrosion-free perfect durability and reliability
- Internal windscreen: efficiently reduces unwanted wind noise and plosives both red and black options included for personal preference
- Gold-plated XLR connector: for loss-free and reliable signal connection
- Knurled nut for 3rd-party hardware: includes a smaller-diameter nut that does not block the XLR connector allows for use with other popular drum hardware systems such as the LP® Mic Claw
sE Electronics V Kick Drum Microphone Includes
- V Kick Drum Microphone
- Thread adapter
- Zipper pouch
- Spare black internal windscreen
- sE Logo sticker
- User manual with warranty card
- Knurled nut for LP Mic Claw
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review