The sE Electronics V Beat Drum Microphone is the most compact drum microphone in its class, intended for use with snare or tom drums.
The sE Electronics V Beat specialized capsule provides a highly detailed, extremely natural sound character on snares or toms of any size, with amazing off-axis rejection to minimize bleed from nearby drums and cymbals. Its ultra-compact design and parallel XLR connector & stand mount give it the smallest footprint in its class, and its rock-solid swivel mount allows its angle to be adjusted with great precision – so it can be aimed at almost any part of the drum head to achieve whatever sound character is required.
Compact, flexible, and minimalist design
The V BEAT utilizes an extremely low-profile mechanical design, with the XLR connector and stand mount integrated in parallel on the underside of the flexible swivel mount. This minimizes the V BEAT’s footprint, removes any cables from line-of-sight, and negates the need for any right-angle adapters or special cables. It also means there’s no danger of cables interfering with the drummer’s performance, as they are kept out of the way of cymbals and drum sticks alike.
The heart of the V BEAT: the DMC7 X capsule
The custom DMC7 X capsule offers the same technologies and features as its sibling within the acclaimed V7, including the innovative, specialized aluminum voice coil. While the V7 is optimized for vocals, the capsule in the V BEAT has been custom-tuned for instrumental use. With aluminum being a much lighter material than the industry standard (copper), it delivers an open and transient-rich sound, with deep and clear lows for stellar performance. The midrange is also extremely balanced, supporting the natural resonances of percussive instruments.
The excellent off-axis rejection of this sophisticated capsule also helps isolate your drums from other sound sources on the stage - efficiently reducing stage bleed and spill from other drums, cymbals and more. The supercardioid pattern also allows you to easily tailor the bottom-end by adjusting the proximity effect – i.e. distance to the drum head.
Proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and high workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency.
sE Electronics V Beat Drum Microphone Features
- The most compact drum mic in its class: extremely low profile for easy placement and minimal footprint wide swivel range for easy positioning outside integrated parallel stand adapter and XLR connector
- Superior sound quality with massive flexibility: flexible design allows for many mic placement options easily control the level of proximity effect & bass boost find the right balance of fundamentals and overtones reduce spill from hi-hat or cymbals by adjusting the angle
- Specialized capsule designed to bring your drums to life: innovative aluminum voice coil for open, clear, transient-rich sound detailed, deep & clear lows for stellar performance delivers a balanced midrange that supports the natural resonances of percussive instruments powerful Neodymium magnet ensures high efficiency
- Patented internal shock-mount: efficiently decouples the capsule from any mechanical vibration eliminates the need for an external shock-mount
- Sophisticated supercardioid capsule design: for superior isolation and rejection of unwanted noise efficiently reduces spill from other drums, cymbals and more tailor the low-end easily by adjusting the distance to the sound source easily control the level of proximity effect & bass boost
- All-metal housing with premium finish: robust, rock-solid design – built for the road all-metal chassis construction – no fragile plastic parts high quality, highly durable die-cast zinc alloy corrosion-free materials and finishing
- Stainless spring steel mesh grille: dent-proof and corrosion-free perfect durability and reliability
- Internal windscreen: efficiently reduces unwanted wind noise and plosives both red and black options included for personal preference
- Gold-plated XLR connector: for loss-free and reliable signal connection
- Knurled nut for 3rd-party hardware: includes a smaller-diameter nut that does not block the XLR connector allows for use with other popular drum hardware systems such as the LP® Mic Claw
sE Electronics V Beat Drum Microphone includes
- V Beat Drum Microphone
- Thread adapter
- Zipper pouch
- Spare black internal windscreen
- sE Logo sticker
- User manual with warranty card
- Knurled nut for LP Mic Claw