sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone
The sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone is designed to offer smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications. With the original capsule design, new pad and filter options, custom-built transformer and Class-A circuit topologies, the sE2200 delivers even better performance and offers clarity and increased versatility.
The sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone is the latest version of the award-winning cardioid condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications.
Made famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic revives the spirit of classic studio microphones, and still remains a standard in mic lockers around the world. Given the revered status of sE Electronics sE2200 Mic's predecessors, sE has remained true to the original capsule design, custom-built transformer and class-A circuit topologies, so the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic is still the same condenser microphone loved by a whole generation of engineers.
State-of-the-art components and a shorter, optimized signal path provide even better noise performance & clarity, new pad & filter options increase its versatility, and the fit & finish has been updated with sEs latest manufacturing techniques - but the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic retains all the classic sound of the original.
Handcrafted 1" True Condenser Capsule
Although the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic is a cardioid-only microphone, two (instead of one) gold-sputtered diaphragms are used to ensure best possible acoustic performance.
Built like the worlds finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in sE Electronics' very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
Traditional Class-A Electronic Design
Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE Electronics sE2200 Mics design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
Two Suitable Attenuation Levels & Low-cut Filters
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Custom-built Output Transformer
Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE Electronics sE2200 Mics custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
All-metal Housing & Premium Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE Electronics sE2200 Mic's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Gold-plated XLR Connector
The gold-plated connector ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
The Isolation Pack
For situations where greater rumble control and plosive protection is desired, this bundle also includes sEs Isolation Pack. With the twist of a single knob, the mount attaches quickly and securely to the microphone, and is removable with the same simple motion. This allows the mic to be set up quickly and easily - no adjustments, no hassle. The Isolation Pack also comes equipped with sE's curved metal pop filter, which efficiently slots in to the shockmount and is vertically adjustable for best performance.
sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone Features
- Offers smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications
- Delivers even better performance and offers clarity and increased versatility
- Handcrafted 1" true condenser capsule ensures best possible acoustic performance
- Traditional Class-A electronic design delivers brilliant sound quality on any source
- Two suitable attenuation levels & low-cut filters provide extended dynamic range
- Custom-built output transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image
- All-metal housing & premium finish offers efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- Gold-plated XLR connector ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection
- Isolation pack offers greater rumble control and plosive protection
sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone Specifications
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 23.7 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 125 / 135 / 145 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 12 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 113 / 123 / 133 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82 dB
- Low-cut Filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.2 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 51mm (2.01 in), Length 215mm (8.46 in)
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz.)
sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone Includes
- sE2200 Studio Condenser Microphone
- Isolation Pack (Shockmount, Pop Filter)
- Thread Adapter
- sE Logo Sticker
- User Manual With Warranty Card
sE Electronics sE2200 Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Mic has incredible clarity and This mic is one of the only $300 mics which give you a shock mount as well as a pop filter.