The Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone delivers the same components and sound quality found in their revered MF65 microphone, to a very attractive price point. With an exceptionally linear frequency response, perfectly robust stainless steel body, and penchant for bridging the gap between both vintage and modern sounds, the Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone busts out of the gate as a top contender.
The Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone with its high SPL handling, built in pop filter and symmetrical polar response is perfect for demanding producers, musicians, and engineers in recording studios and for live sound reproduction. Using the same components to deliver the same sound quality and level of performance found in Samar's critically acclaimed MF65 - the microphone which raised the bar and set new standards for High End ribbon microphones and essentially changed how they are being used by demanding engineers in today's high resolution recording - the Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone brings this stunning sound quality to an affordable price point.
The VL37's unparalleled sound is a result of the attention to detail and level of craftsmanship that goes into each and every component Samar makes. The VL37 tonal balance combines a vintage vibe with a modern sound, creating a unique but affordable recording tool. Its bi-directional, figure 8, symmetrical polar pattern is perfect when used on drum overheads, choir, piano, violin, orchestra, brass instruments, vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, room microphones, speaker cabinets, among other recording, broadcast, and classical music applications. It has a Stainless Steel body and comes in a US made wooden box and anti-vibration shockproof clip.
Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone Features
- One of the kind innovative design
- Balanced ruler flat frequency response down to 20Hz (-0.43dB) and unprecedented top end beyond 25kHz
- Low noise, low distortion, made in house amorphous core toroidal transformers
- Sophisticated motor with shortest front-to-back path ever seen in ribbon microphones
- Low-mass ribbon with a unique fine tuning adjustment to assure for consistency from unit to unit
- Proprietary corrugation process to maintain ribbon's integrity without special handling
- Handcrafted in the USA
- 5-year parts-2-year ribbon replacement warranty
Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Pickup Pattern: Figure 8
- Ribbon Dimensions: 2x0.250x1.5 micron
- Sensitivity: 2mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 250 Ohm
- Microphone Dimensions: 6,420x1,300
- Weight: 230g (8.2oz)
Samar VL37 Ribbon Microphone Includes
- VL37 Ribbon Microphone
- Wooden Case
- Suspension Clip
- 5-year parts | 2-year ribbon replacement warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great sounding ribbon. I've used it on acoustic guitars and a mono drum room, and it sounds amazing on both.
I purchased a pair of these direct from Samar before they were available from dealers. Not only are these the finest ribbon microphones I've ever used, the VL37 is one of the best microphones of any type I've ever heard. Very special mic. If you're looking for a fabulous microphone that can record virtually anything with excellence, you owe it to yourself to try a VL37 out in your studio. Amazing price for quality like this. The only thing better is a matched pair of VL37's.