Retro Powerstrip Recording Channel
The Retro Powerstrip recording channel is a high powered channel strip or vintage studio in a box, capturing the tone of a tube mixing desk, Pultec-style tube EQ and British tube compressor all in one compact 2u rack unit.
The Retro Powerstrip recording channel is a high powered "channel strip" or "vintage studio in a box", capturing the tone of a tube mixing desk, Pultec-style tube EQ and British tube compressor all in one compact 2u rack unit. It has all the right inputs and enough gain for every microphone and instrument you can throw at it. It has a balanced line level input for pro-interface instruments and for use during mix time. The performance is purely musical. It is perfect for use in any size recording studio or on stage.
Retro Powerstrip Recording Channel Features
- Transformer coupled Class-A tube microphone preamplifier with phantom power.
- Industry-standard Passive EQ with authentic feel, controls and equalization curves.
- Classic British compression using a variable-mu tube.
- Front panel 1/4' instrument jack.
- Rear panel XLR mic and line inputs and line output are fully-floating transformer balanced to eliminate ground-induced hum and noise.
- Interstage-coupled Subsonic High-Pass Filter provides Peaking LF Boosts with alternate tonal characteristics.
- LF Boost Settings of 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz Complementary LF Cut settings of 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz.
- HF Boost Settings of 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12 kHz, 14 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Complementary HF Cut Settings of 5 kHz, 10 kHz and 20 kHz.
- Six selectable compressor attack/release time-constants.
- 90 / 250 Hz compressor high-pass sidechain filter.
- Easily recallable 100-position knob scales.
- The compressor and equalizer can be independently bypassed.
- Phase reversal switch.
- Front panel meter zero adjustment.
- IEC power inlet with 120/240VAC 50/60Hz power mains standard.
- Ability to use current production and new-old-stock tubes.
- Tube enthusiasts have many options and resulting tone variations.
- Tube changes require no alignment.
- The instrument input loops to a rear panel jack for stage amplifier.
- Rear panel line level XLR output and low-level balanced output for processed stage amplifier.
- Design minimizes tube heat generation.
- High stability components used throughout.
- Steel Chassis built to last.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Full factory support.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review