The Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp is the most powerful acoustic preamplifier ever to be put inside a pedal. The two inputs have been designed to accept all types of pickups; so the PZ-Pre works with all types of instruments including violin, cello, contrabass, mandolin, Dobro, bouzouki, harp, sitar and banjo! The on-board equalizer is both very powerful and musical.
The Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp is designed to work with ANY acoustic instrument including banjo, violin, cello, mandolin, contrabass, bouzouki or lute. The magic lies in the combination of high performance 100% discrete class-A PZB piezo boosters, an ultra-quiet preamp circuit that will adapt to any pickup system and a host of connectivity options that will put you in total control.
The Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre is equipped with two inputs for quick instrument changes on stage. These can also be combined to blend two pickups together if you so desire. Features include a powerful yet warm sounding semi-parametric EQ to tailor your sound, feedback eliminating controls including a dual-Q notch filter to surgically remove feedback, a high-pass filter to cut low frequency resonance, and a phase reverse switch to eliminate hot spots on stage. It is also equipped with a host of outputs: a ¼" hi-Z instrument out for an on-stage amp, a pre-EQ balanced XLR output for the PA system and a post EQ XLR out for stage wedges or in-ear monitors. A dedicated tuner out with mute switch lets you quietly tune on-stage. There's even a combination power booster - effects loop to add sizzle and dynamics to the performance and extra presence when soloing!
Compact and easy to use, the Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre packs in all of the features you need to take your acoustic instrument from home to studio and club to concert.
Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp Features
- Two channels to switch between instruments
- Notch & resonance filters eliminate feedback
- Pre & Post Radial DI outputs for PA and monitors
- Power booster and mute for more control on stage
- Quick efficient instrument change-over
- Works with upright bass, violin, mandolin...
- Works with active or passive pickups
- Blend the sound from two pickups together
- Studio quality preamp in a pedal
- Puts you in control of your instrument's tone
- No Amp? Go direct with balanced XLR outputs
- Works with virtually any instrument
Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp Applications
- Using two acoustic guitars on stage - The Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre is the perfect stage partner for switching between two acoustics. You can have one for backup, alternate tuning or switch from 6-string to 12-string with ease.
- Using upright and electric acoustic - Switch between contrabass and electric or acoustic bass with a simple foot stomp! The Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre's input is easily optimized to work with finicky piezo pickups for a deeper, more natural tone.
- Using the PZ-Pre on violin and mandolin - Using the Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre with a piezo transducer will give you more gain before feedback than a microphone. You will be surprised at how good a piezo can sound when connected to a Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre!
Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp Specifications
- Circuit Type: Proprietary active circuit
- Standard Input Impedance: 6.8k Ohm at input jack ('PZB' switch out)
- Input With PZB Switch In Impedance: 10meg Ohm at input jack
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Low Cut Roll-off:
- Position 1: 75Hz
- Position 2: 2:220Hz
- Notch Freq. Range: 56Hz to 330Hz
- Notch Q:
- Setting 1: -8dB
- Setting 2: -15dB
- Low: Shelving, +/- 12dB @ 75Hz
- Mid: Parametric, +/- 12dB @ 82Hz to 5.6kHz
- High: Shelving, +/- 12dB @ 7.5kHz
- Boost Level: 12dB
- Effects Send & Receive: -10dB
- FX Loop Impedance:
- Send: 1k Ohm
- Receive: 15k Ohm
- Polarity: 180° switch (absolute phase reversal)
- Input-1: ¼" unbalanced
- Input-2: ¼" unbalanced
- Insert Send/Receive: ¼" unbalanced
- Amp Output: ¼"unbalanced, Hi-Z, 1k Ohm
- Tuner Output: ¼"unbalanced, Hi-Z, 6.8k Ohm
- Pre-EQ Output: XLR balanced mic level 600 Ohms
- Post-EQ Output: XLR balanced mic level 600 Ohms
- Footswitches: (Three) Mute, Boost, Toggle 1-2, Heavy-duty high-cycle switches
- LED Indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LED indicators for mute, boost, Ch-1 & Ch-2 toggle status
- Construction: 14 guage steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 8"w x 4 ¼"d x 2"h (205 x 110 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.7lbs (1.2kg)
Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp Includes
- Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review