Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal
The Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal is a bass preamp with two instrument input channels, each of which is fully equipped with a level control, super powerful passive-interactive EQ and a low frequency filter to help eliminate resonance.
The Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal is a powerful two channel instrument preamp that is able to handle all types of instruments, depending on how it is configured.
Channel-A is equipped with a PZB booster switch that increases the sensitivity and load to 10 meg ohms to optimize it for use with piezo transducers as commonly used on upright bass. Channel-B takes a different slant with Drag Control load correction to optimize the tone and feel when using a passive instrument such as a vintage Fender bass. Toggling between channels is done using a footswitch and both channels may be mixed together by depressing the blend switch, should a dual pickup system be in use. Outputs include a ¼' instrument level output to feed the artist's on-stage amplifier plus a balanced low-Z Radial DI box output to feed the PA system. The XLR output can be assigned pre or post effects to suit the engineer's preference. A separately buffered tuner output works with the mute footswitch for quiet on-stage tuning.
For bassists that employ effects, both input channels can share the same pedals by connecting via the built-in send & receive effects loop. This is augmented with an on-board bass overdrive with control over the drive level and tone. A wet-dry mix lets you add slight grit similar to an Ampeg SVT or full on distortion depending on your mood. The Radial ToneBone BassBone OD footswitch may be assigned to the loop, overdrive or both. Finally, a built-in headphone amp with 3.5mm output lets you use the Radial ToneBone Bassbone on the bus for those long drives between gigs. Comes equipped with 15VDC power supply.
The Radial ToneBone Bassbone OD... the world's most powerful bass preamp in a pedal.
Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Features
- Toggle between any two basses with ease
- Bass overdrive with wet-dry control for extra grit
- Drag control load correction for vintage basses
- PZB booster and 10 meg piezo input for upright
Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Applications
- Bassbone OD with two basses - Toggle between your favorite vintage bass and your active 5 string using the middle footswitch and send the signal to your amp. Mute the signal using the right hand footswitch for quiet on-stage tuning using the tuner out.
- Bassbone OD with electric and upright - Whether you play jazz, pop or orchestral works, the Radial Tonebone Bassbone OD lets you switch between a passive bass with magnetic pickups to an upright with piezo while optimizing the tone for each. Add effects to the signal path using the built-in effects loop.
- Combine two pickups and mix together - Connect the TRS (stereo out) from your dual-element bass to combine a magnetic pickup with a piezo using the blend switch. Set the levels and tone for each pickup to suit. The Radial Tonebone Bassbone OD acts like a mini 2 channel mixer!
Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Discrete class-A FET input with low noise ICs.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05% @ -15dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.2% @ -20dBu
- Dynamic Range: 85dB
- Input Impedance: Input A: 220K/10M, Input B: Variable from 22K to 1.8M
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms at XLR
- Maximum Input: +7 dBu
- Gain: Unity gain device
- Gain - Boost Drive: 0 to 25 dB
- Gain - PZB Boost: +10dB on channel A
- Clip Level Output: +10dBu at XLR
- Noise Floor: -100dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -92dBu at XLR
- Audio Connections:
- ¼" Output High-Z instrument-level
- 3.5mm output Headphone, mono with volume control
- Balanced mic level XLR output, AES standard (pin-2-hot)
- Controls: Gain, Low, Mid & High X2. Drive, Mix, Tone in OD, Drag
- Switches: PZB, Blend, FX 180, XLR G/L & 180, LOOP Mode, EFX mode, HPF X 2, Mid Frequency x 2
- Low-cut Filter: Flat, 80Hz and 150Hz
- Filter Slope: 6 dB/Octave
- Merge Function: Recessed Blend switch mixes ch-1 & ch-2 together
- XLR Configuration: Pin 2 +, Pin 3 -, Pin 1 Ground
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin-1 on the XLR
- Audio Connections:
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel
- Finish: Powder-coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 8" x 4.2" x 2" (203 x107 x 48mm)
- Weight: 2.55lb (1157 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 10.75" x 5"x 2.75" (273 x 127 x 70mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2.8lb (1270 grams)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Includes
- Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal
- 15VDC Power Supply
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Downloads
- Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Tonebone BassBone OD Overdrive Pedal Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review