The Q2 Audio Compex F760X-RS Compressor is a classic FET based compressor that was produced from the early 1970's through the early 1990's. It provides compression, peak limiting and expansion/gating all available simultaneously, in stereo. Input and output transformers are optional.
The Q2 Audio F760X-RS "Compex Limiter" is a faithful recreation of the original but updated for modern manufacturing methods. We have added a side chain access point on each channel (1/4" TRS) that can be switched from compression to the expander/gate section by moving an internal jumper. Improvements have been made in voltage references and the potentiometers upgraded to conductive plastic as well as multi-turn trimmers to preserve calibration over longer periods. Due to the discontinuation of the original meters, a high-quality Simpson analog meter has been substituted.
Q2 Audio Compex F760X-RS Compressor Features
- Classic FET based compression/peak limiting/gating, all available individually
- Switchable compression ratios - 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 5:1, 10:1, 20:1
- Switchable compression threshold in 2dB steps
- Switchable attack times - 250µs, 2.5ms, 25ms
- Switchable release times ranging from 25ms to 3.2s plus "auto" setting
- Peak limiting (100:1) with switchable 50µs pre-emphasis setting (useful for de-essing)
- Expander/gate with 20dB of noise reduction
- Compressor side-chain insert (can be internally modded to control the gate, instead)
- Stereo linkable
- Swiss-made ELMA rotary switches
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
Q2 Audio Compex F760X-RS Compressor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review