Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box
The Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box is designed to provide trouble-free distribution of audio signals from stereo or monaural power amplifiers to up to six sets of headphones.
Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box Details
The Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box is designed to provide trouble-free distribution of audio signals from stereo or monaural power amplifiers to up to six sets of 150-600Ω stereo headphones (lower impedance phones may be used with some loss in power efficiency). The HJ6 is useful in recording or broadcast studios for use with cue or foldback systems to groups of musicians or vocalists. It may also be used in sound reinforcement systems where headphones for hearing-impaired individuals are required, such as in churches and other public meeting places.
The HJ6 offers separate 1/4" (6.3mm) LEFT/MONO input jacks as well as a STEREO input jack. The LEFT/ MONO input allows the use of a single-channel power amplifier or even a guitar-type instrument amplifier when only monaural operation is needed. The STEREO input simplifies connections from small headphone amplifiers in mixers, or from the Pro Co *RMS-1 Recording Monitor Selector.
The six outputs are individually isolated with resistors to prevent the amplifier output from momentary short- circuits when plugging in or out, thus eliminating annoying pops from the cue system. Resistive isolation also prevents one defective set of headphones from affecting the levels of the others, or from completely "?shorting out" the system.
The HJ6 is ruggedly constructed of 16-gauge steel, painted with durable black semigloss epoxy paint, and has all connections clearly identified with white silkscreening. The heavy base and non- skid feet prevent tip-over problems, and the enclosure design effectively recesses all connectors to prevent accidental damage.
Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box Features
- For Studio Cue Systems or Sound Reinforcement
- Distributes Audio to 6 Stereo Headphones
- Inputs for Left, Right, Mono and Stereo Signals
- Resistive Isolation Protects Amplifier
- Heavy-Duty Steel Enclosure
Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box Controls
- LEFT/MONO INPUT: 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack accept signals from unbalanced speaker-level sources (power amplifier outputs). If no plug is inserted into the RIGHT INPUT, the LEFT INPUT feeds both sides of the headphones in monaural.
- STEREO/RMS1 INPUT: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jack accept signals from stereo speaker-level sources (power amplifier outputs), and is intended to simplify use of the HJ6 with small headphone amplifiers or with the Pro Co RMS-1 Recording Monitor Selector. Depending upon the sound pressure level required, the HJ6 may also be driven from the headphone outputs of mixers, tape decks, etc. Inserting a plug in this jack also breaks the normal connection from the LEFT/ MONO INPUT.
- RIGHT INPUT: 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack accept signals from unbalanced speaker-level sources (power amplifier outputs). Inserting a plug in this jack breaks the normal connection from the LEFT/MONO INPUT, permitting stereo operation.
- HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jacks for connection of 6 sets of stereo head- phones, each with resistive isolation from the inputs. Recommended headphone nominal impedance is 150 to 600 ohm, but the HJ6 is usable with virtually any headphones. The amount of input power actually delivered to the headphones depends on the headphone impedance, with higher impedance phones receiving a higher percentage of input power.
Pro Co HJ6 6-Channel Headphone Junction Box Specifications
- INPUT IMPEDANCE
- > 4 ohm (MONO mode, 6 sets of 8 ohm stereo headphones).
- > 53 ohm (MONO mode, 6 sets of 600 ohm stereo headphones).
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: Nominally 47 ohm
- POWER EFFICIENCY
- Approximately 15% (8 ohm headphones).
- Approximately 93% (600 ohm headphones).
- ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL
- Approximately 340 milliwatt (8 ohm headphones).
- Approximately 25.5 watt (600 ohm headphones).
- Outputs current-limited by 2.0 watt 47 ohm resistors to approximately 200 milliampere. Exceeding these limitations will cause destruction of these resistors and possible damage to the HJ6.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review