The PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor utilizes high-grade components to ensure optimum performance that will last a lifetime. It delivers the panoramic imaging, finely detailed transient response, and stunning dynamics is nothing short of astonishing.
The PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor offers the lifelike, three-dimensional soundstage that has garnered praise from some of the most critical engineers in the audio industry. Its unique design delivers pure and honest sound reproduction that brings to light subtle nuances in recordings that cannot be heard in other monitors.
The CoActual® Difference
The single point source provided by coaxial speaker designs offers unique advantages, thanks to their consistent acoustic center and symmetrical dispersion pattern. The proprietary CoActual design in the PreSonus Sceptre S8 studio monitor relies on custom coaxial drivers and advanced onboard DSP to create a seamless crossover transition and an even frequency response. The net result is exceptional 3D imaging and a natural listening experience that reveals the subtlest details. The PreSonus CoActual speaker begins with a well designed, horn-loaded, coaxial driver. With the high-frequency driver placed in the middle of the low-frequency driver, the response is symmetric both horizontally and vertically. This greatly increases the sweet spot and increases clarity and imaging.
The biggest challenge of any coaxial design is overcoming the intermodulation distortion caused by component interference. The horn-loaded design in a CoActual speaker uses the horn to prevent the high-frequency driver from interfering with the low-frequency driver. While this design has numerous benefits, anomalies on the throat of the horn can reflect back onto the low-frequency driver. This slight delay can cause speaker using this design to have an uneven mid-range response. PreSonus overcomes this issue by using a powerful onboard DSP running Fulcrum Acoustics’ Temporal Equalization algorithms. TQ™ relies on fully addressable, fairly large FIR filters. These filters provide detailed adjustments in both the time and frequency domains. By using these filters to delay the horn to the back plane of the low-frequency driver, PreSonus CoActual speakers are able to produce an incredibly even mid-range with an inaudible crossover transition, allowing the finest details of your mix to be heard.
With a conventional two-way studio monitor design that places the high-frequency driver directly above the low-frequency driver, where you are listening is critical to how well you will hear the audio. By contrast, the PreSonus Sceptre S8 studio monitor's frequency response is symmetrical horizontally and vertically, thanks to its coaxial design. When coupled with Fulcrum Acoustics Temporal Equalization algorithms, the result is a crisper stereo image, greater soundstage depth, more separation between components in a complex mix, and a less fatiguing listening experience.
Accurate Transient Reproduction
Consonant sounds in speech, percussion, attack and decay of musical instruments are all transient signals. Transients consist of complex combinations of many frequencies. The phase relationships of these individual harmonics are a critical part of the characteristic “sound” of an instrument or voice. When they are reproduced accurately, the result is sonic transparency, definition, and intelligibility. By maintaining the transient reproduction, even at high volumes, CoActual speakers minimize distortion and produce clean, clear, consistent audio at any SPL.
Monitors You Can Customize
Sceptres-series studio monitors provide extensive user-adjustable contour features that let you optimize the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment. A four-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that occurs when the monitor is placed near a wall. A high-frequency driver level control helps to further mitigate room anomalies. An onboard highpass filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor or other subwoofer into your monitor setup.
The unique design of the PreSonus Sceptre S8 CoActual studio monitors delivers unmatched lifelike sonic reproduction and three-dimensional soundstage. Their ability to accurately reproduce transients and smooth frequency response will reveal subtle nuances that afford a truly honest listening experience. Hear them at your favorite PreSonus® dealer.
PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor Features
- CoActual Technology
- Combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 8-inch midrange driver and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- Powerful DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters
- Acoustic-Tuning Controls
- HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB)
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -24 dB/octave slope)
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV)
- Power and Safety
- 180W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sink
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- RF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
- Inputs and Outputs
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control
PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor Specifications
- Types: 1 x Balanced XLR, 1 x Balanced ¼” TRS
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 46 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 38 Hz - 23 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.4 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power (@ 4O): 90W
- HF Amplifier Power (@ 4O): 90W
- Peak SPL (@ 1 Meter): 116 dB
- LF Driver: 8” Glass-Reinforced Paper
- HF Driver: 1” Diaphragm Compression Driver
- Input Impedance: 10 kO
- User Controls:
- Volume Range: A-Type Taper
- HF Control: Flat, +1, -1.5, -4 dB
- Low Cut: Flat, 60, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Flat, -1.5, -3, -6 dB
- RF Interference: Yes
- Over-Current: Yes
- Over-Voltage: Yes
- Over-Temperature: Yes
- Turn-On/Off Transient: Yes
- Subsonic Filter: Yes
- External Mains Fuse: Yes
- Power Requirements:
- Voltages: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Physical Dimensions:
- Width: 11.4” (290 mm)
- Depth: 13.3” (338 mm)
- Height: 15.75” (400 mm)
- Weight: 24.25 lbs (11 kg)
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated, Medium-Density Fiberboard
PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor Includes
- 1 x PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor
- 1 x IEC Power Cable
- 1 x Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
PreSonus Sceptre S8 Studio Monitor Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I got this speaker when it first came out and was blow away on how detailed the mid and high are. You can hear the stereo spread in the track. Do your research and get this.
Burned these monitors in with Pink noise for 24h and it's amazing how they've opened up - they were amazing out of the box, but this is even better. Amazingly clear in the mids/highs - very little identifiable 'smear' in the low-end. These are without question the nicest monitors I've heard/owned to date.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review