The Pendulum Audio OCL-500 500-Series Compressor brings the sound and performance of the classic Pendulum Audio OCL-2 with it's wide variety of time constants and dynamic control - including a sidechain hi-pass filter - to the 500-series format.
The Pendulum Audio OCL-500 500-Series Compressor has the same compression circuit as the OCL-2, but uses a transformerless class A solid-state gain makeup circuit in place of the tube stage. The result is clean, transparent compression that can be used to shape the dynamics of any source while preserving its tone. Like the OCL-2, the OCL-500 has a wide variety of time constants and dynamic control to optimize the compression characteristics, including a sidechain hi-pass filter.
Since its introduction in 1998, the Pendulum OCL-2 Compressor/Limiter has become a modern classic. In fact, the OCL-2 changed the way users think about opto compression! Pendulum Audio's custom opto cell provides fast, invisible compression without the artifacts and sluggish response inherent in vintage designs.
Pendulum Audio OCL-500 500-Series Compressor Features
- OCL-2 compression profile with Pendulum Audio's proprietary opto-cell
- Six time constants with fast, rms, multi-slope and average
- Class A solid - state (no tubes)
- Sidechain hi-pass filter
- Single-space 500 series rack format
Pendulum Audio OCL-500 500-Series Compressor Specifications
- Format: API 500 series standard, fully compatible
- Input Impedance: 20KOhm, balanced
- Output Impedance: less than 50Ohm
- Max. Output Level: +27dBu, balanced
- Threshold: off to 20dB of gain reduction at +4dBu
- Ratio: 1.5:1 to 15: 1, soft knee
- Output: Off to +20dB of makeup gain
- Max. Gain Reduction: 27 dB
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB from 10Hz to 95kHz
- Noise Level: better than 78dB below +4dBu, 0-30kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: less than 0.01% with no compression
- Time Constants:
- F Fast Peak-averaged by the opto-cell
- A Average RMS response
- V1 Vintage 1 Three-stage multi-slope (auto)
- V2 Vintage 2 Slower three-stage multi-slope (auto)
- M1 Manual 1 Medium attack, medium release
- M1 Manual 2 Slower attack, slower release
*Average and Vintage 1 are the presets in the Quartet.
*Vintage 2 is the Vintage preset in the Quartet II.
*M1 and M2 are manual attack and release settings often used in the OCL-2
Pendulum Audio OCL-500 500-Series Compressor Includes
- Pendulum Audio OCL-500 unit
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review