The Overstayer Saturator NT-02A Distortion and Harmonics Processor is becoming an analog mainstay in a digital world where 'desterilizing' and dirtying up the signal is paramount to making tracks blend well with lots of power. Think of the harmonic/drive possibilities of pushing an 1176, but with ALL of the tone shaping capabilities you could ask for. Simply put - life is much better with a couple of the Saturator NT-02A in your rack.
The Overstayer Saturator is a dual channel harmonics and distortion processor, with tone shaping filters and multiple amplifiers for a wide of array of character, from subtle thickening to extreme distortion, balanced to taste with an integrated blend control.
"Every once in a while a piece of gear comes along that's a game changer--the Overstayer Saturator is just that. Its easy to use and can make any sound bigger and badder and hairier. instant attitude! "
Joe Barresi (Queens Of The Stoneage, Tool, Weezer).
Overstayer Saturator NT-02A Distortion and Harmonics Processor Features
- Low Cut: A bypass-able 12dB (2-pole) high pass filter with resonance control. Wide range sweepable from 30Hz to 4.7KHz. This Low Cut helps define the shape of the distortion and harmonics from the stages that follow.
- RES: The Resonance control for the Low Cut. Controls the amount of peaking introduced at the cutoff frequency. With high resonant peaks dialed in at low frequencies, the filter can add huge amounts of low end while cutting sub frequencies below the Low Cut selection. At max setting the resonance can be driven into oscillation. This oscillation can be used to tune the resonance to desired frequency and backed off when found. Monstrous kick drums, giant Dub-style basses, telephone filter effects and self-oscillating harmonics are all possible with the Saturator's filter section.
- Boost: Adds a fixed amount of clean gain to raise low signal levels and/or overdrive the next stage engaged. It also engages a pad after the Gain amp to compensate for the added gain. Functions like a clean boost pedal on the front end of a guitar amplifier.
- Saturation: Controls the amount of non-linear amp saturation and soft clipping, ranging from subtle harmonic sweetening to extreme analog saturation. The Saturation section can be bypassed, while still allowing access to filters and the Shape 3 circuit.
- High Cut: A fixed 6dB lowpass filter at 6KHz can be engaged to tame high frequencies especially in high gain circumstances.
- Gain: A Discrete op-amp primarily provides clean gain, but can be clipped via Boost or high gain settings.
- Shape 3: Shape 3 activates a Pre and Post emphasis filter to shape the distortion response of the entire circuit, adding 3rd order harmonic saturation. This functions similarly to tape saturation and can be used in conjunction with the Saturation section or independently.
- Blend: This controls the balance between the source signal and the processed signal.
- Output: This sets the final output level post-Blend.
- In: The master bypass for both channels.
Overstayer Saturator NT-02A Distortion and Harmonics Processor Includes
- Saturator NT-02A
- IEC Mains Power Cable
Overstayer Saturator NT-02A Distortion and Harmonics Processor Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review