NPNG DMP2-NW Preamp
The NPNG DMP2-NW Preamp is a hand built exciting 2-Channel preamp designed with your ears in mind. Delivering usability, sound quality and reliability NPNG DMP2-NW is a preamp worthy of any studio.
NPNG's mission is to create new and exciting devices for use in the recording studio. The criteria for our designs are based only on usability, sound quality and reliability. We believe your ears are the most sensitive test gear on the planet.
The LPS-41 Power Supply is designed to power either a dual or a quad channel pre amp. It features almost 40,000 uF of capacitor filtering and is fully regulated. AC ripple and noise is less than 150uV rms on all DC Rails. It utilizes both EMI/RFI filtering on the AC Mains input and is internally surge protected. All the DC rails are fuse protected as is the AC Mains. The mains voltage can be changed from 120VAC to 220-230VAC operation by an internal toggle switch.
NPNG DMP2-NW Preamp Features
- Transformerless Fully Differential Balanced Inputs
- Balanced Outputs Using Jensen "Hi Nickel" Transformers
- 2 Discrete 13 Transistor Class A Op Amp Stages Per Chan.
- Discrete* 7 Transistor Fully Differential Front End
- Min. Gain 30dB, Max Gain 74dB (to produce "0" VU)
- Input Attenuation "PAD" Variable -4 to - 40dB Range
- Phase Reverse on Front End
- PPM Meter Ballistics
NPNG DMP2-NW Preamp Build Quality
- All Controls Hand Matched
- All Potentiometers are Copper Shielded
- All Audio Connections Feature Point To Point Wiring
- Critical Front End Transistors Matched To 3% Tolerance
- All Audio Switching Via Dry Contact Closure
- PCBs Employ A Massive Low Impedance Ground Plane
- All Audio Coupling Capacitors Are Long Life Matshusta 105Deg.
- The Output Transformers are Jensen 80% Nickel /w CU Shielding.
NPNG DMP2-NW Preamp Specifications
- EIN Better Than -127dB 20Hz-20kHz @ 40dB Gain Unweighted
- Residual Noise Below -89dB 20Hz to 20kHz @ 30dB Gain Unweighted
- Odd Order Harmonic Distortion @ +40dB Gain / 400Hz: +4dBu to +23.5dBu Below .001%
- Onset of Clipping +24.4dBu
- Input Impedance 5K Balanced
- Inter Channel Crosstalk Below 85dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Amplitude Flatness +/- .05dB 20Hz-70kHz @ 70dB Gain and +4dBu Out
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review