Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller
The Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller is the simplest and best way to create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live, or any music software. Enhanced with RGB LED feedback, and velocity and pressure-sensitive pads, the Launchpad Pro brings limitless expression and creativity to your music.
The Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller allows you create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live or any other music software. Use the enhanced 8x8 grid of RGB velocity and pressure-sensitive pads to trigger and combine clips, play dynamic beats and melodies, and even control external MIDI hardware.
It's An Instrument - Play It!
The Novation Launchpad Pro is an instrument designed for live performance. The new RGB pads light up to match the colour of your clips in Ableton Live's session view, so you can see at a glance which clips are playing.
Play Just About Anything
You can use the grid to play any of your music software and external hardware too - with Standalone Mode. It doesn't matter which software you are using: plug it straight into Logic Pro, for example, and play it like a keyboard; connect the MIDI ports to your Novation Bass Station II and play riffs on your grid. The possibilities are endless.
Stay in Your Flow
The Novation Launchpad Pro is much more than an instrument: it also gives you slick, immediate access to all your mixer controls mid-performance, so you stay in your flow. There's no need to enter a separate mixer mode; simply press and hold a mixer function button (like mute or volume), make a change, and then release the button to drop straight back into your performance.
Press the Note and Shift buttons to switch the Novation Launchpad Pro to Scale Mode. The pads automatically assign themselves to the notes of one of 32 keys and modes, making it impossible to play out of key. Seven Overlap options enable the relative positioning of notes on each row to be offset, while Chromatic 4th Mode keeps the pads assigned to the chromatic series but highlights the notes of the selected scale or mode within it.
Stay in Control of Everything
Control your effects, instrument devices and plug-ins mid-performance to add engaging, expressive effects. For super smooth effect transitions, the button grid also turns into eight velocity-sensitive vertical faders, with LED feedback - the harder you hit the pad, the faster the transition.
Plug In and Get Started
The Novation Launchpad Pro is just as sleek, lightweight and tough as the rest of our Launch range and can be chained to multiple other Launch products, or connected to the rest of your studio or live setup.
It comes with everything you need to get started, including cables and software, and can be bus-powered over USB. It's also class compliant and doesn't need any drivers; just install the software, plug in and start performing.
Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Features
- Enhance your Live performance: The Novation Launchpad Pro integrates seamlessly and simplifies the challenge of performing in Ableton Live, by giving you hands-on control of your clips and tracks with four simple modes: Session, Note, Device, and User. Ableton Live Lite is included and you don't need to set anything up. Simply plug in and starting playing your music - everything just works.
- Control just about anything: Whichever software or MIDI hardware you make music with, the Novation Launchpad Pro lets you control it. Plug it straight into Logic Pro and play it like a keyboard, or connect the MIDI ports to Bass Station II and play riffs on your grid.
- Immediately play your clips: The 8x8 grid of RGB pads light up to match the color of your clips in Ableton, so you can concentrate on triggering and combining your loops and ideas.
- Make dynamic beats: Drum racks are automatically laid out and illuminated, which makes it as easy as possible to create expressive beats and drum performances using the velocity and pressure-sensitive pads.
- Play it like an instrument: You can easily play notes, melodies, and chords on the grid, because the Novation Launchpad Pro illuminates its pads in a melodic layout. You'll get LED feedback every time you press a pad and, if you're in Standalone Mode, you can use the grid to play any of your software and external hardware, too.
- Mix without losing focus: Get slick, immediate access to all your mixer controls mid-performance, so you stay in your flow. There's no need to enter a separate mixer mode. Press and hold a mixer function button (like mute or volume), make a change, and then simply release the button to drop straight back into your performance.
- Easily control your effects: Control any effect or instrument mid-performance to add expressive effects like reverb or filters. The button grid turns into eight velocity-sensitive vertical faders, with LED feedback for super smooth effect transitions.
- Unlimited possibilities: Max for Live lets you use your Novation Launchpad Pro however you like. Engage with the whole community of Max for Live creators to find limitless inspiration and downloads such as unique step sequencers and innovative drum machines.
- Sleek, lightweight, and modular: This grid is built for performing. It's compact and light enough to throw in your bag, yet tough enough to survive the roughest gigs. You can bus-power it via USB, or use the included power supply to take full advantage of the super bright RGB LEDs during dusk performances. Like all Launch products, you can chain it to multiple Launchpads and connect it to the rest of your studio or live setup.
- Make music immediately: Comes with Ableton Live Lite music making software, 1GB of Loopmasters samples, and Bass Station and V Station plug-in synthesizers. It's class compliant and doesn't need any drivers: you just install the software, plug it in and start performing.
Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Specifications
- Product Hardware Specs:
- 64 RGB backlit velocity and pressure sensitive button grid
- 32 RGB backlit round mode buttons
- One setup button
- Front LED strip
- Orange rubber base mat
- High retention USB connector
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Kensington Security Slot
- Software Compatibility:
- Ableton Live Lite 9 (included)
- If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with the Novation Launchpad Pro. The Novation recommends that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Novation Launchpad Pro integration. The Novation Launchpad Pro will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Power Requirements:
- USB bus powered on Mac or PC. Power supply (included) and camera connection kit or USB camera adapter (not included) required for use with iOS devices
- 12V DC Power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- OS Compatibility:
- Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
- Mac OSX 10.11
- Mac OSX 10.10
- Mac OSX 10.9
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- iOS 8, 9 and 10
- Product Dimensions: (W x D x H) 260mm x 260mm x 29mm
- Weight: 1.22kg
Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Includes
- Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller
- 1.5m Orange USB Cable
- 1.5m Power Supply 12V, 5A
- 2 x Orange MIDI Breakout Cables: 3.5mm jack to female 5 pin din
- Getting Started guide
- English and French Safety Information Sheet
- Ableton Live Lite Music Making Software (upon registration)
- 1 GB of Loopmasters Sounds and Samples (upon registration)
- Bass Station VST and AU plug-in Synthesiser (upon registration)
- V Station VST and AU Plug-in Synthesiser (upon registration)
- 2 Years Warranty
Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Downloads
- Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller User Guide (PDF)
- Novation Launchpad Pro USB Controller Safety Information (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review