Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone
The Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone is an iconic microphone that rose to fame in the 1950's and 1960's, defining the sound of blues, jazz, pop, and classical music, with it's silky warm, and richly deep sound. The M49 is a beautiful vocal microphone for male or female vocals.
What does the Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone provide you? When you hear masterpieces from legends like Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, or Barbra Streisand, or today’s top talents like Adele, you hear an M 49 at work. Sound engineers and artists alike keep vintage versions of the M 49 like treasures for a reason. And whoever is lucky enough to still have a historic version could easily sell it for a five-figure sum.
The M 49 V is special in many ways. Its production involves a meticulous assembly process by hand, while the availability of key parts like the triode tube is limited. There is a reason why we can only build about 25 pieces per month. The demand will clearly exceed the availability and will result in waiting times ranging from months to years. This is why we have excluded a preorder phase or preorder discounts from the launch. Please understand that we will also need to prioritize the microphones available.
Available Option when ordering!
The M 49 V has three setting options available to choose from when ordering. The M 49 V has two internal switches that are set at the factory during the build process. You can chose from the default M 49 V setting, the M 49, or M 49 B version settings.
Like the M 49 c and also the M 49 b, the M 49 V has a 1st order high pass filter at 30 Hz, which suppresses low frequency interference such as impact noise. The high-pass frequency can be lowered to 12 Hz via an internal switch S4. This reproduces the low frequency response of the early M 49 (without suffix) up to 1957, which did not have this high pass yet. At the same time, a certain protection against infrasound is retained.
The M 49 b variant had an additional switch S2, which could be used to set the microphone to fixed cardioid characteristic. To ensure full compatibility with historical M 49 b microphones as well, the M 49 V also has this internal S2 switch. This deactivates the pattern switching; the sensitivity increases by about 2 dB, and the equivalent noise level decreases by about 3 dB. This setting is useful if the M 49 V is to be used exclusively in cardioid mode, e.g. for vocals or speech.
In the default delivery state, the high-pass filter is set to 30 Hz and pattern switching is activated. The internal switches should not be operated by the user, but only by Neumann Service. The M 49 V can be ordered in the desired switch configuration through Neumann sales partners and dealers (Made To Order).
Contact Front End Audio to order your M 49 V, with the settings configuration you want!
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Features
- Reissue of the legendary M 49 with detail improvements
- Continuously variable polar pattern (remote controlled)
- Superb vocal microphone for male and female voices
- Versatile microphone for all types of instruments
- Made to original specifications using archived documentation
- New power supply automatically adapts to mains voltage
- Handmade and hand-soldered in Germany
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Variable: (omnidirectional/cardioid/figure-8)
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 16 kHz
- Sensitivity: 6.5/8/10 mV/Pa ±1 dB
- Rated impedance: 200 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR: 62/64/64 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 73/74/75 dB
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 32/30/30 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 21/20/19 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD: 0.5% 125 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum output voltage: 300 mV
- Power supply: NM V
- Vacuum tube type: Selected triode
- Plate voltage: +120 V ±2%
- Plate current: ≤1 mA
- Heater voltage: +6.3 V ±2%
- Heater current: ≤200 mA
- Tube warm-up time: Approx. 1 minute
- Required connector: 7-pin connector (with included cable)
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Includes
- M 49 V Tube microphone
- NM V Power supply
- KC 5 Cable
- MZ 49 A Shock Mount
- WS 49 Windscreen
- Quick guide
- Safety guide
- Warranty Information
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review