The Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone is a full reproduction of an iconic microphone that rose to fame in the 1950's and 1960's, defining the sound of blues, jazz, pop, and classical music, with it's silky warm, and richly deep sound. The M49 is a beautiful vocal microphone for male or female vocals.
The Neumann M 49 is on display when you hear masterpieces from legends like Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, or Barbra Streisand, or today’s top talents like Adele. Sound engineers and artists alike keep vintage versions of the M 49 like treasures for a reason. At last, the legendary M 49 is reissued for today's use with the M 49 V Tube Microphone! What does the Neumann M 49 V provide you? It's a full reproduction with detail improvements to reduce noise and avoid high frequency interference. Additionally, the power supply was upgraded to automatically provide optimal heater voltage for both the M 49 V and any historical M 49. It even adapts to any local mains voltage. Ultimately, the M 49 V provides you with that same highly desirable sound and look. Down to the red dot on the front, which is how the M 49 was originally distinguished from the identically looking M 50 which sports a white dot.
The Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone is special in many ways. Its production involves a meticulous assembly process - all by hand in Germany. With the availability of key parts like the triode tube being limited, there is a reason why they can only build about 25 pieces per month! The demand will therefore always exceed the availability and result in waiting times. This is why Front End Audio has the M 49 V as a built to order product. If you want one, then talk to us about getting in line for one and trust that it is well worth the wait! However, since this microphone is built to order, you have the option to customize your settings! More on that below.
Available Option when ordering!
The Neumann M 49 V has two internal switches that are set at the factory during the build process. These internal switches should not be operated by the user, but only by Neumann Service. Since these units are built to order, that gives you to option to select which setting works best for your needs! There are three setting options available to choose from when ordering. These are the setting options you can choose from:
- M 49 V Default State: In the default delivery state, the high-pass filter is set to 30 Hz and pattern switching is activated.
- M 49: The high-pass frequency will be lowered to 12 Hz so that the low-end response of the microphone is closer to M 49 microphones up to the year, 1957. Pattern switching is still activated.
- M 49 B: This deactivates the pattern switching, like the M 49 B variant from years ago and sets the mic to fixed cardioid. The sensitivity increases by about 2 dB, and the equivalent noise level decreases by about 3 dB. This setting is useful if the M 49 V is to be used exclusively in cardioid mode.
Again, in the default delivery state, the high-pass filter is set to 30 Hz and pattern switching is activated. The internal switches should not be operated by the user, but only by Neumann Service.
Contact Front End Audio to order your M 49 V, with the settings configuration you want!
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Features
- Reissue of the legendary M 49 with detail improvements
- Continuously variable polar pattern (remote controlled)
- Superb vocal microphone for male and female voices
- Versatile microphone for all types of instruments
- Made to original specifications using archived documentation
- New power supply automatically adapts to mains voltage
- Handmade and hand-soldered in Germany
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Variable: (omnidirectional/cardioid/figure-8)
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 16 kHz
- Sensitivity: 6.5/8/10 mV/Pa ±1 dB
- Rated impedance: 200 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR: 62/64/64 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 73/74/75 dB
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 32/30/30 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 21/20/19 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD: 0.5% 125 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum output voltage: 300 mV
- Power supply: NM V
- Vacuum tube type: Selected triode
- Plate voltage: +120 V ±2%
- Plate current: ≤1 mA
- Heater voltage: +6.3 V ±2%
- Heater current: ≤200 mA
- Tube warm-up time: Approx. 1 minute
- Required connector: 7-pin connector (with included cable)
Neumann M 49 V Tube Microphone Includes
- M 49 V Tube microphone
- NM V Power supply
- KC 5 Cable
- MZ 49 A Shock Mount
- WS 49 Windscreen
- Quick guide
- Safety guide
- Warranty Information