MXL V69M Tube Microphone
The MXL V69M Tube Microphone is a Mogami edition large diaphragm tube condenser mic designed to provide a winning combination of both crispness and warmth. With 12AT7 dual-triode tube for vintage tone and transformerless design for low noise, the V69M gives singers a rich, warm sound.
The MXL V69M Tube Microphone is the result of years of research to create a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone that delivers the rich smoothness tube microphones are known for, low noise, and the warm but punchy forward character that captures mix ready vocals. The sleek black body and custom 24k gold plated screen are accompanied by a protective aluminum flight case, matching black, heavy duty shockmount, external power supply, 15' 7 pin cable, 20' premium Mogami XLR cable, wind screen and cleaning cloth. Providing a winning combination of both crispness and warmth, the MXL V69M is a valuable tool for professional and home studios.
MXL V69M Tube Microphone Features
- Tube mic that gives singers a rich, warm sound
- 12AT7 Dual-triode tube that delivers vintage tone
- Transformerless design for low noise
- Ideal microphone for up-front vocal tracks
- Premium Mogami cable and wiring for exceptional audio fidelity
MXL V69M Tube Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure gradient tube condenser mic
- Diaphragm: 6 Micron gold-sputtered
- Capsule Size: 32mm/1.26 in.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -18kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 22 mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise: 22 dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- S/N Ratio: 72 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 140 dB
- Power Requirements: 110 / 220 VAC, 50-60Hz / Dedicated power supply
- Size: 47mm x 218mm/1.85 in. x 8.58 in.
- Weight: 1 lb / 498.95 g
- Metal Finish: Black with gold grill
MXL V69M Tube Microphone Includes
- MXL V69M Tube Microphone
- MXL-57 High-Isolation Shockmount (Black)
- MXL-V69 Cable 1 15' Mogami® Cable (XLR 7-pin)
- MXL WS-001 Windscreen
- MXL Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- MXL PS-69 Dedicated Power Supply
- Aluminum Flight Case
- 15' Mogami® XLR Microphone Cable
- User Manual
- 3 Years Warranty
MXL V69M Tube Microphone Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The V69 is a pretty bright mic, but the overall tone is warm with a smooth top end. I'm thinking the tube rounds the edginess off a bit. I was debating selling it because I hate setting up the external power supply and extra mic cable. However, I compared it to some of my other mics and it is definitely a character sound worth keeping in my mic locker. IMO, it has a nicer sound than the Rode NTK and it is cheaper. The Rode was a little shrill to me. My favorite sax mic to record on is a U67, and I'm not comparing the two, but for the money it is definitely worth getting one for a home or project studio.