The Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor has been redesigned with modern components for improved accuracy and an extended low-frequency response. It delivers the clarity, ultra-linear frequency response, and broad stereo imaging of the originals. With its versatility and flexibility, the HR824 MKII is perfect for a wide variety of applications.
The Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor features a solid aluminum Zero Edge baffle and optimized waveguide that help to give the Mackie HR824 MKII even more accurate, natural sound reproduction. Designed with high-definition audio in mind, the Mackie HR824 MKII provides exeptional clarity for surround 5.1 and 7.1 applications, and an Acoustic Space Control function allows it to be adapted to any room and still provide maximum accuracy. Low-frequency roll-off and high-frequency shelf functions are also included on the Mackie HR824 MKII.
New Baffle Design
The Mackie HR824 MKII features a Zero Edge baffle, which is constructed from a solid piece of aluminum. The new baffle design minimizes diffraction and helps provide a clear sonic image, as well as tight bass response. An optimized waveguide disperses sound evenly over a wide field, as well as providing robust mids. These improvements to frequency response and depth of field make the Mackie HR824 MKII Monitor sounds better than ever.
Acoustic Space Control
An integrated Acoustic Space Control feature makes the Mackie HR824 MKII Monitor ideal for locations (such as video post suites and home/project studios) where available space is limited. This feature gives you full space, half-space, and quarter space settings, which adjusts the bass response when they're away from walls, against walls, or set up in corners. Low frequency roll-off and high frequency shelf functions are also switchable on the back panel.
Ample Wattage, Time Correction
The Mackie HR824 MKII's 8.75" low-frequency driver receives 150 watts from an onboard FR (Fast Recovery) amplifier. The waveguide-loaded aluminum dome tweeter is powered with 100 watts, and an active crossover helps to eliminate phase anomalies. The Mackie HR824 MKII Monitor also includes time-correction circuitry, which allows the highs and lows to reach the listener at the same time.
Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Features
- 8.75" High-precision, low-distortion LF driver
- 1" Titanium dome ferrofluid-cooled tweeter
- Optimized waveguide for wide, even tone
- Twin FR Series amplifiers (150W LF, 100W HF)
- Cast aluminum Zero Edge baffle minimizes diffraction
- Internal damping eliminates midrange artifacts
- Passive radiator provides tight, articulate bass extension down to 45Hz
- Acoustic Space Control, LF roll-off, HF shelf controls
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- OmniMount for easy wall or ceiling placement
- THX pm3 certified for surround applications
Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Specifications
- Type: Powered
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size: 8.75"
- LF Driver Type: Cone
- HF Driver Size: 1"
- HF Driver Type: Dome
- LF Driver Power Amp: 150 watt
- HF Driver Power Amp: 100 watt
- Total Power: 250 watt
- Frequency Range: 37Hz - 20kHz (±1.5 dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9 kHz, 24 dB/octave
- Maximum Peak SPL: 111 dB
- Input Types: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS, 1 x RCA
- Enclosure Type: Sealed
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 16.8 in/42.5 cm x 10.8 in/27.3 cm x 13.8 in/35.1 cm
- Weight: 34.6 lb/15.7 kg
Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Includes
- Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor
- Power Cord
- Owners Manual
- 3 Year Warranty (Electronics Parts)
- 2 Year Warranty (Drivers)
Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Downloads
- Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Owners Manual (PDF)
- Mackie HR824 MKII Active Studio Monitor Spec Sheet (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Definitely worth the priceSep 20th 2011
These monitors will never let you down. You hear exactly what you record and how it really sounds. They have settings to accommodate different type of rooms and environments such as being proximity to walls and corners, and bass and treble levels. Bunch of different inputs to accept the kind of cable you have. In addition you can listen to songs at normal volumes or very loud too, always giving accurate consistent sound. No one will regret purchasing a pair.
Built my studio around these gems!Apr 5th 2011
When I was building my studio, I was on the lookout for some good A set monitors. I had used the original hr824s in another studio and liked them a lot. I took a gable and went for the Mk2s. I was so suprised. Songs I have listened to hundreds of times came to life. I heard background guitar parts that I never knew were there. It made me a better producer, they helped me understand what small parts help make a record amazing.