The Lynx Aurora (n) 16 USB AD/DA Converter provides Lynx’s world class and AD/DA conversion with sample rates up to 192kHz, ultra-low latency performance, 16 channels of I/O and USB connectivity. With mastering grade conversion quality and full control of all routing and sample rate options on the front panel, the Aurora (n) 16 is an absolute beast with 16 channels of power!
While the Lynx Aurora (n) 16 comes stock with 16 channels of analog I/O via DB-25, there is a 8 channel version – each in a 1U format. The Aurora Converter/Interface can be customized to your needs with optional Lynx Modules for additional I/O or different connectivity options such as USB, Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD and Dante. If you’d like help figuring out which model/configuration would better suite your needs, give us a call at Front End Audio and we’ll be happy to assist!
The Lynx Aurora (n) was designed to accommodate today’s needs as well as future requirements for audio professionals. Lynx’s hallmark sonic transparency is why Lynx converters are being used in the most mission-critical audio applications and in the world’s finest recording facilities. Lynx converters have been specified for their uncanny ability to convert signals without adding any artifacts or color. And while some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip, each channel pair on the Lynx has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance. Additionally, Lynx’s new SynchroLock 2 high-performance sample clock technology provides a whopping 300,000:1 reduction in jitter, 5 second lock time and absolute accuracy. Word clock I/O provides one input and three outputs on BNC connectors. The Aurora (n) also features a unique micro SD player and recorder capable of up to 32 channels of direct recording and playback designed for confidence and field playback and recording. In addition, two audiophile grade headphone outputs with independent volume control are on every unit. A 480x128 TFT LCD display provides access to all levels and functions.
Lynx Aurora (n) 16 USB AD/DA Converter Features
- 16 channels or professional quality AD/DA conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Comes preloaded with USB connectivity
- LSlot expansion for USB, Thunderbolt, Dante, Pro Tools HD connectivity options
- Configurable I/O
- Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) delivering incredible transparency and ultra-low noise and distortion
- Onboard 32-channel digital mixer with flexible I/O routing
- Up to 32 channels of real-time recording/playback to/from onboard micro SD card
- 2 audiophile-grade headphone outputs with independent volume control
- 1-in/3-out word clock I/O with 2nd-generation Lynx SyncroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Designed and crafted in the Lynx Studio Technology lab in Costa Mesa, CA
Lynx Aurora (n) 16 USB AD/DA Converter Includes
- Aurora with USB interface card installed
- IEC Power Cable
- Manufacturers Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
ConvertersOct 16th 2014
I like it. Alan was indispensable in helping me with my decision. Thanks Alan.