The Kali Audio LP-6 V2 Studio Monitor is a 6.5-inch studio monitor. An advanced waveguide, powerful drivers, and low noise port tube make it an extremely accurate monitor for all genres and formats. They are an excellent choice for any studio at any budget.
Kali Audio's LP-6 V2 is a 6.5-inch studio monitor. It was designed to deliver transparent sound for creators working across genres and formats at a price that puts it within anyone's reach. An advanced waveguide, a large voice coil, and precision tuning make the sound extraordinarily transparent, while the oversized low frequency magnet and low noise port tube deliver powerful, clean bass response. To make it easy to integrate into your setup, the speaker is self-powered and has a variety of inputs. The DSP features Boundary EQ settings that optimize the speaker's response for where it's placed in your listening space.
The 3-D Imaging Waveguide allows you to hear a 3-D soundstage from a stereo pair of speakers, so you will have to purcahse an additional monitor so you have two to use the Waveguide. By matching the shape of the waveguide to the interactions of the HF and LF drivers, this waveguide produces a stereo image that is wider, taller, and deeper than the space where the speakers are placed. The LP-6 accomplishes this by ensuring that the speaker's reflected sound matches its direct sound. Every time you hear a loudspeaker, you're hearing both the direct sound from the speaker, and reflections from the speaker's signal bouncing off of objects in the room. When those reflections are congruent with the direct sound from the speaker, listeners perceive a better sound overall, and are able to make out very subtle details like where microphones are placed in a room. When done well, the stereo image will sound three-dimensional. All of this should give you a high degree of confidence in your mix. It allows you to mix faster, and produce better mixes overall.
Low-Noise Port Tube
On most port tubes, air leaves at different speeds from different points of the opening, creating noisy turbulence. This turbulence can be heard as chuffing, or an audible air sound coming from the monitor. This sound will add to the noise floor and obscure the details of the low end. The port tube on the LP-6 was designed to ensure that all of the air leaves the port tube at the same velocity. This helps add to the low-end response of the speaker, while keeping the bass clean, tight, and devoid of extra noise.
The LP-6 is capable of 85 dB continuous output, with 20 dB of dynamic headroom from as far as 2.2m. This makes it an excellent choice as a main, side surround, or overhead speaker in most small-to-medium-sized mixing rooms.
Bass on the LP-6 is delivered by a magnet and voice coil larger than much of the competition at comparable price points. This gives you more accurate bass response that extends lower, so you can dial in exactly the low-end sound you need. Nothing is over-represented, and the bass that is present on your track will come through with clarity and punch.
Kali's team came up with boundary compensation EQ settings at the Village Recorder in Los Angeles to help you get the optimum sound for where you need to put your speakers. Combined with the LF and HF trims, these boundary settings will ensure that the speakers sound their best no matter what room you're mixing in.
Kali Audio LP-6 V2 Studio Monitor Features
- 6.5-inch powered studio monitor with 1-inch soft-dome tweeter
- Bi-amped design with integrated Class D power amp
- Ruler-flat frequency response
- Large magnets and voice coils produce super-accurate low-end response and impressive low-frequency extension
- Cutting-edge waveguide design creates a massive soundstage with spot-on imaging
- Low-noise port tube yields clean, punchy bass with zero chuffing
- Boundary EQ enables you to tailor the speaker to any environment
- LF/HF trims for fine-tuning the speaker’s response
- Balanced XLR and TRS inputs, and an unbalanced RCA input
Kali Audio LP-6 V2 Studio Monitor Specifications
- Powered: Yes
- Amplifier Class: D
- Power Configuration: Bi-Amped
- LF Power: 40 W
- HF Power: 40 W
- Total Power: 80 W
- LF Driver: 6.5-Inch Woofer
- HF Driver: 1-Inch Soft Dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: (-10 dB) 39 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Range: (±3 dB) 45 Hz - 21 kHz
- Crossover:: 1.3 kHz
- Max SPL: 112 dB
- Inputs: 1 x TRS, 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Height: 14.125 Inches (35.9 cm)
- Width: 8.75 Inches (22.2 cm)
- Depth: 10.25 Inches (26 cm)
- Product Weight: 15.54 lbs (7.01 kg)
Kali Audio LP-6 V2 Studio Monitor Includes
- 1x LP-6 V2 Studio Monitor
- Power Cable