Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This Ingram Engineering MPA575 looks great and functions perfectly. It is a great deal for a great preamp!!
The MPA575 is Ingram Engineering's foray into the 500-series format. It features a lightly colored mic pre-amp, compressor, and a unique EQ with combined low and high frequency control that allows broad tone adjustments with a single control knob. Together, they form a mini channel strip that performs all essential analog signal processing functions needed before committing audio to a recording medium. The MPA575 is ideal to use as a standalone mic interface or in combination with full featured hardware or plug-in compressors and EQs for more surgical audio processing.
The MPA575 uses the same reference quality mic pre-amp circuits and architecture of the Ingram Engineering MPA685 rack mount preamplifier. The no-compromise design is superbly engineered for maximum usability and excellent tone quality. A transformer input with variable mic load impedance is provided to allow shaping of tones. The 600 Ohm impedance setting shows darker, more Neve-like tones, while the 2.4k Ohm settings increase the brightness and neutrality, providing tones more like GML or John Hardy type pre-amps. When switching between the impedance settings, the MPA575 automatically adjusts the gain so the two impedance settings are level matched. Noise matching and damping are carefully optimized for the widest range of microphone output impedances. Outstanding results are realized using any mic, from the low output impedance Neumann KM184 to the high output impedance Audio-Technica AE2500 (dynamic capsule), with ribbon mics like the Royer 121 (see Royer's comments about the MPA685 they auditioned by clicking here) and with condensers like the AKG C414. Proper gain distribution and the input attenuator design give the most possible headroom. This mic pre-amp, like the others in Ingram Engineering's lineup, provides the smoothest, most accurate sound with just the right amount of color.
The MPA575 is engineered to take care of all complicated switching functions and gain adjustments behind the scenes so that the recording Engineer can concentrate on the music. As the mic load impedance setting, EQ and compressor are switched in and out, the gain stages are automatically adjusted so that the MPA575 gain is constant, within just a few tenths of a dB. Therefore, A-B audio quality comparisons when changing settings is extremely easy and more informative. A long, trouble-free lifetime is ensured by the use of highest quality, long life caps and pots. Audiophile grade components are used throughout. The MPA575 provides the best sound quality, most value and most features of any 500-series available today, and does so with a user interface that requires minimum of effort to optimize the audio path.
Ingram Engineering MPA575 500-Series Preamp Features
- Lightly Colored Sound That Perfectly Complements a Wide Range of Mic Types
- Discrete Mic Pre-amplifier
- Equalizer with Broad Frequency Response Shaping
- Soft-Knee Variable Ratio Compressor with Program Dependent Attack/Release
- Dedicated Compressor Sidechain Filter
- Low Cut Filter, Continuously Variable Between 30 Hz and 400 Hz
- User Selectable Input Impedance for Shaping Audio Tones
- Transformer Coupled Input / Output
- JFET Input/Class A Output 2-Stage Amp Design
- Low Noise and High Headroom for Wide Dynamic Range
- Extended Frequency Response with Ultra-Linear Phase Response
- Excellent Pulse Response for Smooth Tones
- Combined Input Attenuator / Gain Adjustment for Optimal Noise Performance and Dynamic Range (No Separate Input Pad)
- Buffered Output for Optimum Load Isolation and Current Drive Capability
- Variable Output Level Control Using Long Life Noiseless Level Control Pot
- Overload Indicator Accurately Detects Distortion to Ultrasonic Frequencies
- Highest Quality, Audiophile Grade Components
Ingram Engineering MPA575 500-Series Preamp Includes
- Ingram Engineering MPA575 500-Series Preamp
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review